A New Kind of Conference: DRI2014 Offers In-Depth, Sustainable
Learning and Networking
May 18-21 in Atlanta, GA, and delve deep into innovative, interactive tracks on supply chain and enterprise risk management, attend a wide variety of panel discussions, and hit the mother lode, not just a nugget!
"Our goal was not to just put together a good program but also to really take it to the next level," says DRI Director of Communications Buffy Rojas. "With the help of a volunteer committee, we identified key subject matter areas, as well as potential speakers and formats. And we found that there was a real need to provide attendees with the opportunity to dig in to the material. So, this year we are debuting two tracks. These tracks are not a bunch of sessions loosely tied to the same basic topic. That's how other conferences do it, which is fine if you are simply trying to identify and categorize broad subject areas. But that wasn't our goal with DRI2014. Instead, we have developed integrated tracks with key educational elements that will enable interaction among attendees and the track speakers before, during, and after the conference."
Each track includes:
· Keynote address by a subject matter expert
· Panel discussion by hand-picked practitioners
· Work Group session, in which the expertise and experience of attendees are tapped. This is a facilitated working session and a time for idea exchange and brainstorming among our attendees and the track's featured speakers.
· Pre-conference survey on issues of concern and questions about the topic so that speakers can tailor their presentations to the audience
· Post-conference follow-up. All track attendees will be invited to participate in an on-going, online work group facilitated by DRI. These online work groups will build on the momentum gained at DRI2014, provide an opportunity for deeper connection, further idea and information exchange, and networking.
Track sessions are scheduled consecutively. Supply Chain is Monday, May 19, and Risk Management is Tuesday, May 20. Attendees do not have to attend all three sessions in the track but are encouraged to do so. If you have question about the tracks or the conference program, call (866) 542-3744. For the complete conference program, click here. To register now at our early bird rate of $1195, click here.
In addition to the outstanding program, you won’t want to miss Volunteer Day, which will be held Saturday May 17, 2014. Volunteer Day will provide you with the chance to give back via one of our full-day or half-day options. Projects will include construction, gardening, and working in a food bank. Be sure to sign up early as space is limited and Volunteer Day is always filled to capacity.
You’ll also have the chance to visit with vendors. The exhibit hall is an integral part of DRI2014, and the products and services portion of the event is much more than a sales pitch. The Solutions Exchange, which was a big hit last year, returns in 2014 so that product and service providers and attendees can mingle on a more meaningful level.
And be sure to join us for another DRI Awards of Excellence gala dinner and ceremony, on May 19, as the best and brightest in business continuity are recognized by their peers. It’ll be a fun night!