Check out our current job listings.
BC Management is assisting several clients with business continuity and disaster recovery job openings
Check out our current job listings.
Homeland Security/ Emergency Management
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Travel / Relocation: Yes
Compensation: $140,000 +
Over 20 years of management experience in the public and private sectors with 15 years of that experience in Senior Emergency Management positions. With hands-on disaster preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation experience, I have managed a disaster recovery portfolio of over $2 Billion. Worked for a major state emergency management agency and one of the world's foremost research national laboratories and with multiple federal and local agencies. Instituted a comprehensive emergency management system, created a program of continuous improvement, developed new and innovative training, and conducted highly complex exercises and drills involving hazardous materials. I hold a Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in Transportation Economics and my professional strengths include but are not limited to leadership, Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Business Continuity, Program Management, Public Policy, Strategic Planning, Public Speaking, Writing and Analysis, Systems Improvement, Training, and Education.
Contact a BC Management representative if interested in hiring this Weekly Top Talent Professional.
Looking to hire continuity, resiliency, crisis management, risk management, emergency management and/or security professionals? Check out additional top talent confidential bios at http://www.bcmanagement.com/top-talent.html.
Interested in becoming a BC Management Top Talent candidate? If so, please inquire with a BC Management representative at email@example.com.
BC Management, Inc. - Job Order# 2581
Position: Corporate Director of Business Continuity Management
Industry: Logistics/Supply chain
Location: Florida or California preferred.
Relocation: relocation assistance provided.
Travel: Extensive travel required
** Successful candidate must have 10+ years proven experience managing a global business continuity, risk management program for multiple Divisional/Operational departments Heavy travel will be required of this role. Bachelors degree required. Graduate degree preferred. MBCP or MBCI preferred. Supply Chain/Logistics experience preferred.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Director of Business Continuity Management (BCM) is responsible for “ownership” of the development, implementation and ongoing management of an enterprise-wide Business Continuity Management program. The role, which is a Corporate-level position with executive to executive coordination, requires strong working relationships with key functional executives, throughout multiple U.S. divisions, and their designated Business Continuity Management operational liaisons. As this program is implemented, the Director of BCM will evaluate, fine-tune and enforce Corporate BCM policies. This hire will also work with Divisional Managers to train and organize local staff, test Recovery Plans, and build out business process disaster recovery site(s) as necessary.
This role requires its incumbent to design a BCM function, to develop and design a BCM remediation framework, and to ensure the efficacy and quality of all vulnerability mitigation processes. The role requires a top down approach to BCM. The successful candidate must have the ability to envision and design an efficient and cost effective BCM “organization” that leverages the internal strengths of a large group of SWS departments. Building on the work already done during the 2011-12 BCM California Pilot Project, He/she will work with the departments to drive the implementation of strategies and plans designed to sustain continuity of operations and mitigate revenue disruption as a result of a disaster.
To be successful, the Director of BCM will lead and develop a Business Continuity program which effectively addresses following major success factors of leading edge Corporate Business Continuity Programs:
(1) Thorough understanding and ability to apply the principles of Business Continuity Management to develop, implement and maintain a BCM Program in the following areas:
a. Business Recovery
- Facilitate the maintenance of the Business Impact Analysis, Recovery Capabilities Assessment and Recovery Strategies for all Divisions across the Enterprise
- Coordinate the development of Divisional and Local business process resumption procedures for the continuation of critical business processes.
- Design and implement periodic Business Process Recovery Plan Exercises for the Division and Local Business Process Recovery Plans.
- Design and implement a Division and Local Business Continuity Program training program.
b. Asset Recovery (i.e. Technology and Specialized Equipment)
- Coordinate between the Corporate and Divisional levels of the design and implementation of the technical recovery infrastructure, resource tools and network in support of the Business Recovery Plan
- Coordinate the training, and management of the disaster recovery team between the Corporate and Divisional levels
- Coordinate and participate in Technology Disaster Recovery exercises for Corporate, Division and Critical Local Business Process recovery plans.
- Monitor the development, implementation and testing of Division Level Business Process Key Asset Recovery Plans (i.e. specialized warehouse equipment)
c. Crisis Management
- Develop and implement and monitor the rollout of an emergency response organization, crisis communications and procedures for reacting to and coordinating recovery efforts from the top down.
(2) The recovery support procedures for restoring key organizational resources;
a. Recovery plan testing as appropriate
The successful candidate will possess broad experience with referenceable successes working with significant Functional, Divisional, and Corporate leadership. Specific business continuity certifications are desirable but not necessary Specific Business Continuity Management Program experience is the areas described above is required.
The successful candidate will have had significant multi state or global program implementation experience.
Experience working in a supply chain logistics and distribution environment is a plus.
Experience working in a multi-labor union environment is a plus.
In addition to significant “bandwidth” the successful candidate will have demonstrated and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills in collaboration, team building and conflict resolution. It is imperative that the successful candidate be highly skilled in written and oral communications, including demonstrated experience in large and small group presentations.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree highly preferred.
• Industry certifications desired: MBCP, CBCP, MBCI, CFP
• Minimum of 10 years of experience managing a national Business Continuity Management organization for multiple Divisional/Operational departments. For example, a combination of experience in operational/functional readiness for critical departments, IT infrastructure planning and implementation.
• Deep experience with the development of business process recovery requirements and strategy design is essential.
• Current direct involvement with day to day plan-building. Experience with ownership of company-wide issues and leading efforts to prioritize and develop strategies for cost effective solutions.
• Direct and clear communication style to facilitate the articulation of strategy assumptions, contingency planning foundations, and required remedial efforts to support Corporate sustainability.
• Seasoned relationship manager who is comfortable in the boardroom and the shop floor; credible in any environment; capable of inspiring trust; delivers on commitments
• Experience collaborating with multiple constituencies to forge a common vision.
• Superior program planning and implementation skills.
• Quickly absorb mission and vision of the Corporation, incorporate it into daily practice and demonstrate it through consistent responsiveness to Partners of the company.
To apply please submit resume and professional bio at www.bcmanagement.com and reference Job Order #2581. For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens - firstname.lastname@example.org .
BC Management’s 11th Annual BCM Study assesses
Stay Informed! Subscribe to the BCM Blog Today.
Sign up to receive BCM Blog updates via the RSS Feed link above. This will enable notifications to be sent directly to your email. You may also check back here for regular updates from the BC Management team on new job postings, industry news, events, and special offers!