Position: Sr Systems Engineer & IT/DR Systems Architect Contractor
Timeframe: 3 – 6+ months
Location: San Antonio, TX – May work remotely
Salary: $65-$70/ hr
*Must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
• Provide third tier technical support to both IT and enterprise customers.
• Identification and resolution of individual and system issues which result in or potentially result in disruption to services provided.
• Participate in internal and external projects, reactive and proactive maintenance, sustaining, and break-fix activities.
• Participation in on-call rotation. Ability to respond to on-call requests within the on-call response guidelines.
• Understand and operate within company policies and procedures.
• Participate in cross training and mentoring as necessary to facilitate communication, career development, and system coverage.
• Project participation will range from small to large in scope.
• Perform software installations and upgrades during weekend maintenance window.
• Understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity concepts, terminology and methodology
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical recovery strategies and architecture that meet required RTO”s and RPO’s
• Ability to identify application interdependencies and interconnectivity
• Deep understanding of high availability architecture and current disaster recovery products and solutions including virtualization, clustering, SAN, replication, backup, remote access solutions and other technical disciplines related to disaster recovery.
• Ability to create technical recovery procedures that can be validated through testing.
• Ability to work with cross functional business and technical teams in designing, presenting and evaluating technical disaster recovery strategies and plans.
• Ability to design DR testing strategies to test DR architecture and technical recovery plans.
• Ability to manage project schedules, resources and budget
• 5+ years experience with Citrix Presentation Server 4 and above, preference towards Presentation Server 4.5 and/or XENAPP 5.0
• 2+ years experience with XenDesktop 4 or 5
• 5+ years experience Citrix Web Interface, Monitoring Tools (Citrix Edgesight), and Remote Access
• 5+ years experience with application installation and how it interacts with the Citrix
• Application (registry, file system, etc).
• A background in planning, configuring and deploying DR technologies in a traditional multi-tier software infrastructure.
• A deep understanding of current technologies and best practices of clustering, disaster recovery system design and implementations with monitoring and management capability.
• A deep understanding of system interconnecting design and various networking protocols.
• Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Windows Server 2003 32 bit and 64 bit and above preference towards Windows Server 2008 - strongly preferred
• Wide range trouble shooting skills involving, Active Directory, storage, security, DNS/DHCP, DFS, printers, etc
• Experience using Citrix with both engineers and engineering applications
• XenDesktop 4 and 5
• XenApp 6.5
• Experience with Vmware Vsphere or other hypervisor and desktop provisioning.
• Experience with Blade or Rack mounted workstations,
• Experience with thin clients (setup, configuration, and management).
• Experience with other remote protocols (ie: RGS, PCOIP)
• Analysis - Demonstrates the ability to provide a general analysis of a problem or situation.
• Cooperation - Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
• Coordinating - Demonstrates the ability to circulate information through the proper channels.
• Customer Service Orientation - Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
• Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's
policies and procedures.
• Judgment - Demonstrates the ability to base decisions on factual information and sound logic.
• Planning - Develops plans that are aligned with corporate policies and budgets.
• Relationships - Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2674.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.