Exclusive Board Review – Trending in Business Continuity Planning
SUMMARY OF REPORT
The Business Continuity Trending Report is designed to provide a summary of the wealth of data collected from nearly 3000 respondents to BC Management’s International Business Continuity Management survey as it pertains to trend analysis. Highlighted throughout this report are a variety of business continuity program management initiatives that showed the most noteworthy changes between 2009 and 2011. This is the first report of its kind and BC Management is able to offer such a report as a result of data analysis from three consecutive years of an identical survey.
Findings... Business Continuity Management Program Advancements
1. Increase in the number of disciplines managed within the business continuity management program with crisis management, emergency management and risk management showing the greatest increase.
2. Improved integration of the business continuity management program with other corporate functions with security-information, information technology, emergency management, disaster recovery (IT focus) and crisis management showing the greatest improvement.
3. Adding more full-time, permanent personnel dedicated to the program and a decrease in downsizing of personnel in the next year.
4. The business continuity office showed the most significant gain of where to position the program when assessing the department owner and organizational structure.
5. Risk management and the business continuity office received the highest approval ratings of where to position the program from a department/ organizational structure review.
6. Increased awareness seems to be evident at the chief officer level as more respondents indicated a shift in program sponsor from mid management/ management to the chief officer level/ board committee.
7. The chief level program sponsors are stepping up their level of engagement with the business continuity management program.
8. More respondents noted several standards/ regulations to model their business continuity program after as a high priority.
9. Advancement of organizational certifications as more respondents noted to obtaining multiple organizational certifications.
Contact BC Management at email@example.com if you did not receive your complimentary report and you did complete the program management section of the 2011 10th Annual BCM Study.
BCM Trending Report
BC Management has published the BCM Trending Report (see excerpt) for those professionals who opted not to participate in our annual study (BCM Program Management section). This report mirrors the Exclusive Board Review - Trending in Business Continuity with the exception of the removal of commentary from the BC Management’s International Benchmarking Advisory Board.
Order the BCM Trending Report