BC Management's BCM Compensation Data Findings (Contractors) International
(Data collected between July– December 2012)
The findings from BC Management’s 11th Annual BCM study highlighted several indicators that the economic environment continues to improve and is almost to the levels of pre-recession years. For the first time in three years independent contractors indicated an increase in average total compensation, which was 6.0% internationally and 3.1% for USA study respondents. Fortunately the economic environment has continued to improve for independent contractors. In 2011 the study findings reported a 1.4% average decrease in total compensation (USA) and in 2010, when independent contractors were the hardest hit, the study findings indicated an average 10.4% decrease in total compensation (USA). Historically, our study results have reported that independent contractors typically enjoy a 9-12% increase in average total compensation from year to year.
Again, this report focuses on 2011 and 2012 compensations for independent contractors only. Further assessment is also included by geography throughout this report. Compensation was converted to United States Dollar (USD) for comparison purposes. The data throughout this final report was collected between July thru December 2012.
Interesting Findings Include....
- Average high hourly billing rate was $128.40 while the high hourly billing rate was $362.50.
- The majority of consultants have been working independently for 1-6 years (52%).
- The average contract length in the last year was 3-6 months (32% of study respondents).
- 39% of independent contractors worked the full 12 months in 2012.
- 77% of independent contractors are certified.
View the table of contents of this 45-page Comprehensive BCM Contractor Compensation report. The comprehensive report (45-pages) was distributed as a complimentary report to those professionals who completed BC Management’s 11th Annual BCM Study. Haven't received your report? Contact BC Management.
Need contracting assistance or permanent staff? Contact BC Management and learn what we have to offer.
- Expansive Network: Over 60,000 business continuity, disaster recovery, crisis management and risk management professionals from entry-level to global executives in over 90 countries.
- Quick Results: The most well connected business continuity staffing firm. We keep our top talent informed on the newest job opportunities.
- Your BCM Specialists: We know our candidates, we know the profession and we strive to understand your staffing requirements so you don't waste time.
Seeking to stay informed on new contract/ permanent jobs. Stay connected through BCM Jobs.