Just Published - BC Management's Annual Event Impact Management Report (Data Gathered between July - December 2012)
- 47.8% of study respondents activated their business continuity management program in 2012.
-51% of those who activated their business continuity program did so due to a power outage.
- Over 3,000 employees were placed in a recovery site due to a strike.
- Study respondents who activated their program due to war or insurrection noted an average business resumption period of 185.7 days, while all respondents noted an average business resumption period of 15 days (regardless of the event).
- Study respondents impacted by hurricanes in 2012 incurred a total financial loss of $133,306,676 USD.
- Those impacted by earthquakes noted an average total financial loss of $1,153,157 USD.
***Results include all study respondents from 35 countries. Country currencies were converted to USD.***
Summary of Report
This report exclusively focuses on how specific events have impacted organizations detailing what was activated in times of an event, the impact to the business, the impact to the personnel as well as the estimated financial loss by event. The data included within this 20+ page report is an average of all study respondents with no customization. BC Management has been publishing this report on an annual basis since 2009.
View a sample of this report.
Contact a BC Management representative with questions.