(Data collected between May – December 2011)
Highlights from the 2011 Europe Study Findings
1. Respondents from Europe fared better in changing jobs (an average 18% increase in total compensation) compared to their counterparts in Canada (13% average increase), the United States (1% average increase) and Asia Pacific (11% average increase).
2. Entry-level/ Analyst study respondents received the most sizeable increase in total compensation with an average of 21%.Vice President/ Director and Global Manager followed closely behind in average change in total compensation with 14% and 17% respectively.
3. Career paths into business continuity still remains heavy on the IT sector, but there were high responses for consultant, management and security-information career paths too.
4. 70% of the respondents from Europe have obtained an industry certification.
This comprehensive report (45+ pages) was distributed as a complimentary report to those professionals who completed BC Management’s 10th Annual BCM Study. Haven't received your report? Contact BC Management . Next Europe BCM Compensation Report will not be published until October 2012.
Due to different currencies, the data throughout this report is shown as a percent of respondents for all of Europe. The report does include additional data figures for the United Kingdom as this country received a greater number of study respondents.
How to use the BCM Compensation Report (45+ pages)?
- Evaluate how your credentials/ expertise compare to your peers. For example, what percent of respondents are certified and degreed? What percent of respondents are leaders in the profession in regards to publishing, public speaking, and serving on an association board? Quite simply... what's the competition?
- Assess the trending of skill sets, specifically with certifications and advanced education in the profession.
- Identify the skills needed toobtain your career goals and increase your earning potential.
- Determine where your experience lines up in each data chart. Average these compensation findings from all the data charts based on your level of expertise. If you’re a certified VP managing a global program with 15 years of experience, then you should expect to be earning more than the average total compensation for all business continuity professionals within your specified country.
- Be competitive with your compensations to retain your current staff and/or determine the proper compensation levels to attract new hires.
- Share the report with your corporate human resource department. You never know what can happen with your next performance review….
You may still purchase the report if you did not complete our 10th Annual BCM Study. Standard retail price is $75 USD. View BCM Program Management Data Research/ Metrics reports also available.