Business Continuity Analyst
Contract/ Temporary Need
Atlanta, GA - Local Candidates
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2820
Position: Business Continuity Analyst
Status: Contract – Temporary
Start Date: April 2015
Estimated Length: 6 Months – Potential to Extend
Location: Atlanta, GA – Local Candidates Only
Salary: Based on Experience
Report to: Senior Manager - Business Continuity Management* Candidates must have current work authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Candidates will be expected to pass a thorough background check.
* Candidates should have 5+ years Business Continuity Planning expertise.
As part of the Business Continuity (BC) Program Office, this role will be supporting the Business Continuity plan development with critical business units, coordination of the BC lifecycle planning, training and awareness, exercise coordination. As well, the coordinator will support all business plan activities necessary to enable the Organization to manage a crisis event as well as meet compliance requirements for BC planning.
Company follows industry best practices in lifecycle planning activities (ISO22301). This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Global Business Continuity.
The Business Continuity team is responsible for developing, maintaining and exercising the Company's business continuity program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides training in more advanced Business Continuity techniques.
• Work closely with the M&A Integration team
• Coordinate Business Impact Analysis with business areas
• Facilitate the creation / maintenance of Business Continuity plans
• Partner closely with Enterprise BC team to ensure that plans follow corporate standard
• Plans and coordinates exercises to test business continuity strategies, incident management, emergency notification process, and the firm's ability to respond to business interruptions.
• Provides oversight and documents the results of exercises to identify necessary enhancements to the Business Continuity plans and procedures.
• Provides recommendations and takes steps to address changes to the plan in the scope of the firm's Business Continuity activities or the manner in which they are performed.
• Provides business and technical guidance under the direction of the BCP Manager, as it relates to business continuity and business impact analysis.
• Facilitates presentations and workshop sessions on Business Continuity.
• Prepares risk mitigation plans for strengthening resiliency and / or the effectiveness of controls in assigned business processes.
• Provides consultation, guidance and assistance to business areas to ensure the information is captured, reviewed and plans are established. Administers Business Continuity software applications.
• Conducts annual review of business continuity plans
• Plays a critical role in the firm's incident management plan and is a key player in responding to and managing a disaster.
• Researches and develops metrics for analysis and measurement of the firm's recovery strategy.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Certification in Business Continuity Management from DRII or BCI (can be obtained post hire)
• Project management skills from requirements gathering to design and implementation (PMP Certification is a positive)
• Knowledge of business continuity practice area ISO 22301
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, SharePoint experience
• Knowledge of current business continuity planning techniques and technologies, including methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses
• Working knowledge of systems and technologies to assist in the preparation of recovery procedures
• Strong decision making, negotiating/problem solving, organizational skills required
• Strong documentation, analytical and presentation skills
• Flexible working hours to support the needs of the business
• RSA Archer Software Tool is a plus – not required
• Advanced concepts, principles, and practices of Business Continuity Planning, including:
o Project Initiation and Management
o Business Impact Analysis
o Developing Business Continuity Strategies
o Developing and Implementing Business Continuity Plans
o Awareness and Training Programs
o Maintaining and Exercising Business Continuity Plans
o Crisis Communications
o Coordination with External Agencies
o Financial markets and products
o Understanding of ISO 22301
Education/ Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in the specific business functions of assigned functional area or related field and a minimum of five (5) years Business Continuity Planning experience.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2820.
For questions, please contact Cheyene Marling - firstname.lastname@example.org.