Position: DR Contractor
Location: Dover, Delaware (local candidates only)
Industry: State Government
Length of engagement: 6 months with strong potential for extension.
Rate: Depends on experience
**This is an immediate need. Candidates must apply by end of business day 7/23.**
· Seeking an energetic-junior disaster recovery planner that is a local resource near Dover Delaware.
· 4 year degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, or related field is preferred.
· 5+ years experience
· Coordinate and monitor disaster recovery tests.
· Ensure that all disaster recovery plans are kept current and copies are maintained centrally and off-site.
· Prioritize the recovery of data, systems, and facilities across all departments
· Assist with coordination of real-time recovery activities during a disaster event.
· Document the readiness of IT infrastructure for recovery from a disaster.
· Assist with the design, testing, and implementation of disaster recovery plans for their IT data centers, applications and systems.
· Develop and conduct periodic simulated disaster scenarios and assist in the validation of the recovery plans and procedures.
· Provide agency training on the planning, testing and evaluation of disaster recovery scenarios as they relate to IT systems and applications.
· Negotiate/contract with key disaster recovery, data storage, and hot/cold site industry providers.
· Ensure that all critical systems and information is included in DR plans
To be consider for this position, please apply at www.bcmangement.com and reference Job Oder # 2574. For questions, contact Alicia Stevens – [email protected]