AVP Crisis Management, Global Corporate Security, Global Technology & Operations
Direct Hire/ Permanent Need
New York, NY - Local Candidates
BC Management, Inc. – Job Order #2921
Position: AVP Crisis Management, Global Corporate Security, Global Technology & Operations (Equivalent to a VP/ Sr Manager level - Seeking 10+ years experience)
Status: Full-time, Permanent/ Direct Hire
Location: New York, NY – Candidates must be local
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: SVP Global Corporate Security
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have 10+ years or relevant, dedicated Crisis Management expertise within a large global corporate environment, proven leadership skills managing a global program and a Bachelor Degree.
LOB/ Global Function: Global Corporate Security
As an integral part of the larger Global Technology & Operations organization, Global Corporate Security (GS) provides integrated security and operational risk management services across several functional areas including Security Operations, Crisis Management, Executive Protection & Event Security, Intelligence & Risk Assessment, and Security Systems and Applications.
Along with the rest of Global Technology and Operations (GTO), GS has adopted a strategic-control model across three geographic regions to ensure consistent execution of global security operations, policies, and procedures protecting associates, sites, technology and operations. GS focuses on being proactive - assessing risk, executing appropriate prevention and preparedness measures, and leading the development of planned response to potential disruptions.
The Assistant Vice President for Global Crisis Management will lead the Crisis Management function at COMPANY, including the Crisis Management Lead for the Americas. The role will be responsible for the continued coordination, implementation and maintenance of the Global Crisis Management program, associated metrics and all aspects of related technology, training and program development.
Reports to: SVP Global Corporate Security
Direct Reports: 1
Other Key Stakeholders: Senior Vice President, IT Risk and Security; Assistant Vice President, Business Continuity; GS Regional Vice Presidents
Location: New York, NY
The Global Technology & Operations area within COMPANY is seeking a New York metro-based crisis management expert with at least 10 years of relevant experience to lead the Crisis Management function at COMPANY. He or she will report to the Senior Vice President of Global Corporate Security and Chief Security Officer.
• Improves and maintains the global framework for crisis management. Builds and maintains crisis and incident management strategies and executable plans.
• Develops and maintains crisis communications protocols and channels including COMPANY’s mass notification tool and Crisis Management intranet site, among others.
• Develops exercise scenarios, training materials and drives crisis preparedness and response awareness content for all employees.
• Supports regional security teams during responses to major crises, and coordinates necessary corporate response while informing or engaging the enterprise-level senior management team, as appropriate.
• Coordinates with COMPANY’s business continuity, disaster recovery and intelligence teams in proactively assessing risk to prepare for and respond to crises.
• Regularly conducts risk assessment of potential crises, identifies significant security and business issues and recommends and executes refinements to COMPANY’s approach.
• Communicates regularly on the efficiency and effectiveness of crisis management to senior leadership and other stakeholders
Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in developing and operationalizing a global crisis / incident management program in regulated industries.
• Strong record of leadership and achievement in global crisis management with proven track record articulating a compelling strategy, developing plans, conducting training & testing, and executing crisis response.
• Comprehensive knowledge of crisis management processes and technology, including integration of operations / command centers and related technology and applications into crisis management preparedness and response.
• Proven excellent project management and supervisory skills.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment and effectively manage through influence.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Multilingual capabilities a plus.
• CBCP or related certification desired.
• Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
• Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
• Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
• Grows Talent - Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
• Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2921.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.