JOB - RE-POSTED
Project Director, Organizational Continuity Management (Business Continuity)
Direct Hire/ Permanent
Washington, DC - No Relocation Assistance Provided
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2911
Position: Project Director, Organizational Continuity Management (Business Continuity)
Location US-DC-Washington (local candidates only. No relocation)
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Department: Human Resources
Travel: 10% as needed (nationally)
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Industry certification preferred.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. A minimum of ten years of professional experience in the field of business continuity, emergency preparedness, crisis management, disaster recovery, or related discipline, along with experience in security and risk management. A minimum of three years direct supervisory experience required. Proven experience owning and developing (from scratch) global business continuity program for global non-profit or commercial organization. Individuals with only third party consulting experience will not be considered. Experience must be with a dedicated organization (non-government). Client will require all candidates to complete a background check including education, employment, criminal and credit checks.
A client of BC Managements is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today’s most challenging problems. The client applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and stimulate civic life.
Our client is an independent nonprofit organization. With offices in Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Brussels and London and staff in other regions of the United States as well as Australia, The client provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
The administration operations unit within the client is comprised of the following main departments: Human Resources (HR) including Internal Communications, Organizational Continuity Management (OCM), Institutional Solutions (IS), the Executive Office (EO) and Real Estate Services (RES). The unit provides the highest level of global support to the organization through the streaming of processes, implementing ‘best in class’ programs, hiring the most talented staff and formulating strategies targeted towards meeting the goals of the institution around people, places and solutions.
This synergistic team of skilled professionals works closely together to enable efficient communications and workflow through a better understanding of the processes, the staff requirements for hiring and overall development, needs of each physical location, and the operating strategies helping to keep staff secure, informed and productive. Administration staff support the organization from both Philadelphia and Washington, DC to provide in-depth expertise to clients.
A key member of the administration operations management team, the Project Director, Organizational Continuity Management (OCM) manages and ensures the clients compliance with institutional policies related to business continuity, emergency preparedness, and disaster recovery. An OCM governance board has been established that includes executive stakeholders for operational units across the institution, including HR, Legal, Finance, Information Technology, Compliance, Communications, and Philanthropic Partnerships; through the guidance of the OCM Project Director, this team has been tasked with driving the strategic objectives of OCM and facilitating departmental compliance to OCM initiatives. The Project Director leads the OCM program and will supervise one staff in support of OCM initiatives. The incumbent also works with staff across the institution through a leveraged model to develop and implement plans, design exercises, and ensure adoption of the program through a comprehensive preparedness and awareness program. The position is located in the client’s Washington, DC office.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and serves in three primary capacities:
- Governance Board lead, establishing strategic objectives, identifying program gaps, and engaging with the executive team to support OCM actions required for policy compliance across The client’s global footprint of staff and offices.
- Crisis Response lead, maintaining situational awareness over events with potential to impact The client’s staff, offices, or operations, and leading The clients’ incident response team to coordinate recovery requirements in response to events with widespread or protracted impacts.
- Site Emergency Response lead, serving to protect the health, safety, and security of staff in the Washington, DC and Philadelphia offices by coordinating response efforts related to evacuation, shelter-in-place, medical emergencies, and personnel security situations.
- Lead the ongoing development and governance of the client’s OCM program.
- Serve as the primary subject matter expert and leader responsible for the program, interfacing with all internal and external stakeholders including senior management.
- Lead the clients’ site response and crisis management teams, coordinating appropriate responses with senior management.
- Provide security management expertise and recommendations, (e.g., physical security of the client’s offices, personal security of the clients’ international business travelers).
- Develop and lead necessary OCM training sessions and exercises within the organization to ensure Site Response and Business Continuity plans for all offices and departments remain current and tested.
- Monitor adherence to company-wide and department-specific OCM policies and procedures and establish a model for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the appropriate management and use of the client’s OCM notification software.
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of Risk Assessment and Business Impact Analysis data, and coordinate plan development using the clients’ business continuity management software.
- Coordinate with Information Technology on IT disaster recovery and IT incident management activities.
- Serve as Site Emergency Response Lead and Crisis Response Director, to make recommendations to senior management on building operations and impacts during disruptive events and to coordinate communications and response efforts.
- Attend professional development seminars and continuing education trainings to increase knowledge and remain informed of current threats and business continuity strategies.
- Work with senior management to ensure that new policies of the institution are aligned with the OCM program.
- Participate in The client’s-wide projects to represent how OCM requirements may impact them.
- Contribute to and participate in other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- The client’s maintains a robust OCM program that remains consistent with changes in the client’s business processes and priorities.
- Controls are in place to further the physical and personal security of the client’s offices and staff.
- Appropriate policies, procedures, and response strategies are in place to mitigate business risks.
- Bachelor's degree required, Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the field of business continuity, emergency preparedness, crisis management, disaster recovery, or related discipline, along with experience in security and risk management.
- Minimum of three years of previous direct supervisory experience required, including experience managing performance management process for direct reports and providing career development advice and counsel.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Self-directed and able to set priorities, organize time, resolve issues, follow up on tasks, and identify resources for projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to guide and develop the skills of project team members.
- Sound consultation and relationship management skills. Able to create and maintain strong relationships. Able to quickly establish credibility and to develop and manage productive relationships with internal staff, including senior-level staff, and outside parties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to conduct research, coordinate resources, and synthesize in writing a broad array of information into a concise, easy-to-understand summary.
- Solid understanding of risk management practices.
- Strong analytical skills. Experienced in evaluating various strategies and making recommendations. Solutions-oriented approach with sound business judgment.
- Assumes full responsibility for individual decisions and work, as well as for team projects.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience resolving problems creatively and logically. Able to understand organizational structures and work through administrative systems.
- Skilled in software applications including Microsoft Office, databases, spreadsheets, and presentation packages. Able and willing to learn new computer applications. Working knowledge of Salesforce platform, Fusion, and Send Word Now a plus.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2911.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc at [email protected] or +1 562-260-6791.