Job Re-Posted with Updates
Business Continuity Specialist II (Project Manager)
San Diego, CA - Non-Local Candidates will be Considered
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2905
Position: Business Continuity Specialist II (Project Manager)
Location: San Diego, Ca (non-local candidates will be considered)
Status: Full time/Permanent
Salary: DOE - Competitive total package.
***All candidates should be authorized to work in the United States. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required. Industry certification is highly preferred (ABCP, FBCI, CBCP). Minimum 4-6 years direct experience with conducting Business Impact Analysis (BIA), building Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery plans, and facilitating departmental and enterprise risk evaluation activities is required. Aerospace experience highly desired.
A client of BC Management’s has an exciting opportunity for a Business Continuity Specialist to work within its Licensing, Safety and Nuclear Compliance team, located in San Diego, CA. The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist with the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Business Continuity (BC) planning and testing efforts on an enterprise-wide basis. Major focus areas encompass, but are not limited to: emergency response and management processes, the development of standardized Business Continuity plans and processes, as well as coordinating and conducting incident management and BC plan testing and training through discussion-based and Operational-based training (i.e. Seminars, Tabletops, Drills, Functional Exercises, etc.). Additional responsibilities will involve helping to coordinate or assisting (as required) with the implementation of BC plans and processes during incidents which impact business operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With general supervision, this position is responsible for leading efforts regarding the development, maintenance and testing of all associated components and processes of Business Continuity which include Emergency Management, Crisis Management and Business Recovery.
- Act as liaison for all matters related to Business Continuity across the client and Affiliated Companies.
- Provide ongoing training, scheduling and implementation support for emergency response processes which are associated with the Company’s building emergency evacuation program.
- Conduct and document company Risks Assessments and Business Impact Analysis (BIA).
- Assist all Enterprise functional areas, facilities, and operational management teams with BC plan creation and updates by establishing and monitoring an annual maintenance schedule for all business continuity plans, and ensuring updates are accomplished in response to findings identified through the post-incident report process from a simulated or real business continuity event.
- Create and implement a multi-year training plan across the enterprise which exercises the management of incidents and associated BC plans.
- Design, plan, and facilitate annual BC testing. This includes any required ad hoc business process testing as needed / requested and providing post-test reviews, action item tracking, and readiness reports.
- Provide support for managing the client and Affiliated Companies emergency and / or crisis events. Responsible for ensuring all plans and consideration checklists are available to all recovery teams for implementation or consideration during response to and recovery from a significant event.
- Participate in the design and development of assigned functional business continuity program(s) and administer the program(s).
- Develops appropriate electronic and hard copy reports and records. May make internal presentations.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Minimum 2-6 years direct experience with conducting Business Impact Analysis (BIA), building Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery plans, and facilitating departmental and enterprise risk evaluation activities.
- A Business Continuity certification is highly desirable.
- Experience in understanding and creating process flows and dependency mappings.
- Knowledgeable with Business Continuity and ISO standards, as well as other compliance rules and regulations.
- Solid understanding of program or project management methodologies; Strong administrative and organization skills with the drive to create a plan and meet deadlines that are set.
- Ability to train department teams on creating and updating business continuity plans.
- Ability to consistently work on complex assignments requiring independent action and initiative.
- Demonstrated clear, concise, and effective communication skills with individuals, and small, or large groups.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of matters; (2) good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences; (3) good interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees; (4) the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects; and (5) good computer skills.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- May require ability to have or obtain a security clearance(s).
As a condition of employment with our client, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2905
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791.