Some interesting findings include:
- On average, telecommunication companies have 6.5 disciplines being managed within their program in comparison to their BCM peers from different industries (typically 5+ on average). The top disciplines managed in the program include Business Continuity Process (Business Focus) (100%), Crisis Management/ Incident Management (91%), Crisis Communications (73%) and Pandemic Planning (73%).
- 50% of the respondents indicated the program has existed (with or without their involvement) for over 10 years.
- 17% noted Risk Management as the department owner for the business continuity/ resiliency program and 50% of those individuals did agree that the program was best positioned for maximum visibility.
- 83% indicated that their program sponsor at a zero or one level of separation from the executive management team.
- 75% conduct an external audit of their program.
- 44% never exercise their plans for mission critical third-parties.
- 50% noted that program expenses are allocated independently from other functions within the organization.
- In regards to staffing, 30% manage personnel and the average number of dedicated program staff is 4.0 professionals. No respondents are planning to hire additional program personnel in 2017.
- 10% utilize contractors/ consultants to assist with program planning initiatives.
- 20% indicated an estimated financial loss of more than $1M per hour of downtime if down 72+ hours and 78% indicated that the estimated financial losses are traced to insurance policies and coverages.
- 20% are planning on consulting initiatives in 2017.
Data collected between November 3, 2016 - January 23, 2017.
View Table of Contents
Sample Industry Benchmarking Report (2017)
Additional information or how to order this report.
Contact a BC Management Representative for further inquiries.