Manager, Business Continuity Planning
Contract-to-Hire Job Opportunity
Hartford, CT - Local Candidates
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2866
Position: Manager, Business Continuity - Contract-to-Hire
Status: Full-time, Contract-to-Hire
Location: Hartford, CT – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience – 10+ years BCM expertise.* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 10+ years of dedicated BCM expertise.
Direct and implement necessary plans and procedures to promote adequate risk protection for business continuity and the back-up and recovery of information systems in the event of a disaster. Develops Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery policies, plans, and testing programs in compliance with [Company] standards. Performs ongoing Business Impact and Information Technology System assessments in order to ensure adequate risk protection, business recovery strategies and back-up and recovery requirements are in place.
Leads and manages the development, communication, maintenance, testing, and execution of [Company]’s Business Continuity Plans in concert with [Company] Disaster Recovery and corporate level Crisis Management Plans.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to (* denotes essential functions)
• Accountable to senior management team and Board of Directors for overall Business Continuity Risk Management
• Able to analyze, communicate, review and adjust Business Continuity risk with critical business area executive sponsors
• Consults with Business owners and SMEs on periodic Business Impact Assessments and development of new Business Continuity or Crisis management Plans and associated recovery strategies
• Develops, reports on and adheres to BCP business, budgets, staffing plans and service metrics
• Represents Business Continuity during regulatory audits, internal audits and customer assessments
• Manages activities of the Business Continuity Team and interface closely with XXX Disaster Backup and Recovery Team, corporate event response team, and Executive Response Team (ERT)
• Creates, maintains and communicates [Company]’s overall Business Continuity and Crisis Management strategy.
• Manages the training of Business Continuity and Crisis Plan participants on their responsibilities
• Ensures Business Continuity program readiness through creation of training programs and exercise of integrated plans.
• Manages self assessments Business Continuity and Crisis plans for workability and adherence to [Company]’s values and standards
• Oversees periodic integrated plan testing of plans and readiness assessments and DBAR interdependencies.
• Manages Due Diligence assessments of external partners relative to Business continuity and periodically audit their compliance with contract stipulations.
• Supports Business owners in the development of business requirements for new projects.
• Ensures BCPs are coordinated with requirements and capabilities of Disaster Recovery program
• Interfaces with regulators, plan sponsors and brokers on Business Continuity Issues
• Oversees the provisioning of on-line plans for plan owners and other segment personnel.
• Manages all level 2&3 emergencies and provide critical support during all level 1 emergencies.
• Provides 24/7 Business Continuity Team Crisis response services when on-duty
• Serves as XXX Privacy Manager and coordinate PM activities across XXX through dept PM dept leads 1
• 10 years experience managing Crisis Response, Business Continuity or DBAR programs.
• Familiarity with high- level Business Continuity or Crisis Management or Disaster Recovery internal processes and procedures at a health business enterprise or equivalent.
• General IT background experience with Microsoft Office tools (Access, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Self-starter who can work independently and within a team structure.
• Handles lead responsibilities and multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrates project management skills and meets project deadlines.
• Able to present and roll out planned roles and responsibilities to senior management.
• Strong analytical, communication and customer service skills.
Education and Certification Requirements
• BA or MS degree in Business or Finance
• Training or equivalent experience in the full suite of MS Office business programs.
Certified Business Continuity Planner or >15 years relevant experience.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2866.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.