Manager, Business Continuity Management
McLean, VA - Local Candidates
Position: Manager, Business Continuity Management
Status: Full-time, Permanent/ Direct Hire
Location: McLean, VA – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have 5+ years expertise in Business Continuity coupled with a Bachelor’s Degree, Business Continuity Certification and previous experience planning for a large, global organization.
The Business Continuity Management (BCM) Manager will primarily be responsible for maintaining the overall framework for the BCM program and serving as the central global administrator for the BCM tools. Additionally, the Team Member will execute and support day-to-day BCM program activities including activities related to program improvements.
The Business Continuity Management (BCM) Manager will assist with the coordination of the BCM PMO team meetings, BCM Working Group meetings, BCM Steering Committee meetings, and other BCM related meetings. The Team Member will assist with the planning, research, and/or preparation (including materials) for BCM meetings. The Business Continuity Management Manager will assist the BCM Director with planning ongoing BCM program activities (development and maintenance of plans, risk assessments, business impact analysis, training and exercise scheduling, etc.).
Other key priorities are listed below:
· Execute and support day-to-day BCM program activities including activities related to program improvements
· Assist with the continuous evaluation of BCM processes and protocols to identify improvement opportunities and work with the BCM Director and key stakeholders on implementing approved changes
· Centrally track threats and incidents that require action and ensure the response protocols are being followed and tools are used appropriately throughout the events until closure (see reporting)
· Assist with BCM risk assessments and business impact analysis, including the data collection, analysis of information, and reporting to different stakeholder groups (Chief Risk Officer, Information Technology (business requirements for technology), BCM Steering Committee, etc.)
· Ensure all BCM plans (crisis management, business resumption) are consistent and compliant with COMPANY’s BCM program and obtain updates from plan coordinators
· Serve as the central admin and central point of contact for administrators for BCM tools and services
· Ensure administrative protocols are understood and followed, such as, NC4, OSAC, Crisis Hotline, Hurricane Hotline, and other and future tools and services
· Work with the BCM PMO on the development and maintenance of a BCM training program including preparation of materials that would be used for presentations, training modules, etc.
· Provide the first level of tool administrative support for S&S and BCM users
· Assist with preparing BCM reports and dashboards that provide status to key stakeholders on active and closed threats and incidents, in addition to other important information (frequency to be determined)
· Work with the BCM Director on delivery of BCM reports and dashboards that will provide status on the BCM program and activities for various audience groups within COMPANY
· Assist in the review of BCM reports for completeness and accuracy of information being provided
· Work with appropriate members of the BCM PMO to obtain status and information on program activities
· Write bi-weekly status reports to the BCM Director and Chief Risk Officer that:
o Assess program status and key risks to delivery for the different work streams
o Identify project tasks based on a High-Medium-Low priority system
o Assign project tasks to Team Members (internal and external) with clearly defined deadlines
· Document meeting summaries and action items for review by the BCM Director, and distribute once approved
· Follow-up with meeting action item owners to document status and completion of items
· Assist with After Action Reporting meetings, collation of documentation, and follow-up on related action items
· Deliver meaningful, timely, and high-quality deliverables and results
· May assist with ad-hoc projects for BCM in support of improving the program or addressing an immediate need or risk
· Support third party consultants assisting with BCM activities
· Highly organized, energetic, self-starter, who can work independently and is required to plan, prioritize, and complete a diverse workload of activities within various timelines and budgets
· Excellent presentation and public speaking skills, as well as excellent written communication skills
· Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts, and ensure collaboration within teams and/or units; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively address key issues in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
· Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
· Positive attitude and perseverance in the face of obstacles; continuously learning new areas and software for future applications
· Ability to provide effective performance feedback to subordinates, other COMPANY Team Members, and/or external partners working on Business Continuity Management activities, and work to ensure the peak productivity of BCM
· Responsiveness to Team Member and supervisors needs and wants, with an innate ability to effectively challenge, inspire, and develop staff to achieve optimum performance and productivity
· Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, direct reports and others, including capability to work with peers and other resources to provide development and mentoring opportunities; includes adherence to organization’s standards for performance feedback
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent time management skills
· BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
· A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience
· Ability to develop strategies and tactics, and effectively support Business Continuity Management
· Understanding of global organizations and global risks and threats
· Experience developing and implementing BCM related programs
· Ability to provide professional and specialized skills related to Business Continuity Management including risk analysis, business impact analysis, and the development, implementation, and testing of plans
· Ability to identify and ensure alignment with relevant BCM standards and/or requirements
· Ability to support collaborative efforts of the BCM team and other functional areas working on BCM activities, possibly including external resources and other constituent groups as appropriate
· Budget development and management skills, including the ability to track expenses against commitments, set priorities for funding, and develop annual budgets
· Knowledge of business mathematics, including the ability to calculate percentage changes, averages and weighted averages
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to understand and manipulate basic spreadsheets
· Business Continuity certification (Disaster Recovery Institute International, Business Continuity Institute, etc.)
· Ability to travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· MA/MS Master’s Degree
· A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience
· A minimum of two (2) years of Supervisory experience
· Subject matter expertise in Risk Management and Business Continuity Management and Planning (includes Crisis Management, Emergency Response, Business Resumption, etc.)
· Experience working with different cultures
· Hospitality industry experience
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job at http://portal.bcmanagement.com/?#/jobs/2863.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.