Business Continuity Analyst - Contract
Temporary, Contract Need for 6 Months
Start Date of September
Cork, Ireland - Local Candidates Only
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2878
Position: Sr. Business Continuity Analyst - Contract
Status: Contract, Temporary Consultant
Length of Contract: 6 Months (potential to extend)
Start time: September
Location: Cork, Ireland – Preference will be given to local candidates
Salary: Based on Experience
Report to: Senior Manager, Global Business Continuity* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 5+ years of dedicated business continuity planning expertise or expertise with project management coupled with disaster recovery and/ or first response.
As part of the Business Continuity (BC) Program Office, this role will be supporting the Business Continuity plan development with critical business units, coordination of the BC lifecycle planning, training and awareness, exercise coordination. As well, the coordinator will support all business plan activities necessary to enable the Organization to manage a crisis event as well as meet compliance requirements for BC planning. COMPANY follows industry best practices in lifecycle planning activities (ISO22301). This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Global Business Continuity.
The Business Continuity team is responsible for developing, maintaining and exercising the Company's business continuity program.
Under administrative direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education, training, and experience to develop, train, promote awareness of, and exercise business continuity plans and strategies. Provides training and guidance to less experienced associates. Works independently on difficult assignments that require originality and ingenuity with some latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Provides 24/7 support during emergencies, incidents or crises that require the activation of continuity plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides training in more advanced Business Continuity techniques.
• Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to various levels of management.
• Plans and coordinates exercises to test business continuity strategies, incident management, emergency notification process, and the firm's ability to respond to business interruptions.
• Provides oversight and documents the results of exercises to identify necessary enhancements to the Business Continuity plans and procedures.
• Provides recommendations and takes steps to address changes to the plan in the scope of the firm's Business Continuity activities or the manner in which they are performed.
• Provides business and technical guidance under the direction of the BCP Manager, as it relates to business continuity and business impact analysis.
• Facilitates presentations and workshop sessions on Business Continuity.
• Prepares risk mitigation plans for strengthening resiliency and / or the effectiveness of controls in assigned business processes.
• Provides consultation, guidance and assistance to business areas to ensure the information is captured, reviewed and plans are established. Administers Business Continuity software applications.
• Conducts annual review of business continuity plans
• Plays a critical role in the firm's incident management plan and is a key player in responding to and managing a disaster.
• Researches and develops metrics for analysis and measurement of the firm's recovery strategy.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Certification preferred in Business Continuity Management from DRII or BCI
• Project management skills from requirements gathering to design and implementation (PMP Certification is a positive)
• Knowledge of business continuity practice area ISO 22301 preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, SharePoint experience
• Knowledge of current business continuity planning techniques and technologies, including methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses
• Working knowledge of systems and technologies to assist in the preparation of recovery procedures
• Strong decision making, negotiating/problem solving, organizational skills required
• Strong documentation, analytical and presentation skills
• Flexible working hours to support the needs of the business
• RSA Archer Software Tool preferred
• Advanced concepts, principles, and practices of Business Continuity Planning, including:
• Project Initiation and Management
• Business Impact Analysis
• Developing Business Continuity Strategies
• Developing and Implementing Business Continuity Plans
• Awareness and Training Programs
• Maintaining and Exercising Business Continuity Plans
• Crisis Communications
• Coordination with External Agencies
• Financial markets and products
• Understanding of ISO 22301
Education/ Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in the specific business functions of assigned functional area or related field and a minimum of five (5) years Business Continuity Planning experience.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap. Our client maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre employment substance abuse testing.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2878.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-9969-8006.