Position: Business Continuity Planner Part-time Consultant
Status: Contract Consultant
Timeframe: 20-30 hours/ week estimated need for 9 months
Location: Boston, MA – Local Candidates Only
Salary: Based on Experience
Department: Global Compliance and Risk Management
*Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
The Business Continuity Planner will be responsible for conducting a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to re-validate the critical operations and related IT systems necessary to support and recover critical business operations. The Business Continuity Planner will report to the Manager of Risk Management and will work in conjunction with this person to develop appropriate business group recovery plans based on the BIA.
• The planner will be responsible for entering all plans and data into LDRPS and assuring that the data is kept up to date and is relevant to the business operations.
• The planner will develop desk top scenarios to test the business recovery plans.
• The planner will work with the Senior Director, Risk Management in developing and assisting in carrying out a global disaster drill to enable both business plans and the Corporate Crisis Management Plan to be tested.
• The planner will be responsible for follow-up to all testing scenarios to make sure remediation work is completed.
• The planner will work with IT staff to help them develop documented plans for IT infrastructure recovery.
• The planner will work with IT and Business Units to review third party vendor recovery plans where the vendor supports/provides a critical business function.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software
• At least 3 years of business continuity experience with companies that have significant third party reliance
• Proficient with LDRPS software
• Proficient with Notifind software
• Previous experience conducting Business Impact Analysis
Desired Competencies and Qualifications:
• Minimum of three years prior business continuity experience required
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Flexible in approach to issues
• Experience with work group recovery models
• Experience with IT systems recovery and business interface
• Minimal travel
• Ability to lift 10 pounds OR Light lifting of laboratory equipment and supplies
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2701.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.