Position: Business Continuity SME
Timeframe: 6 -7 months (strong potential for contract extension)
Location: Sioux Falls, SD – Open to non-local candidates
Salary: $40-$60/ hour 1099 or corp-to-corp
*Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
CONTINUE THE DEVELOPMENT OF BC PLANS IN OTHER AREAS AND BUSINESS ENTITIES OF CLIENT
• Working collaboratively with the customer to collect necessary information and facilitate the development of function and/or area Business continuity plans.
• Facilitate and oversee the integration of the plans in the Archer tool set that exists at client.
• Developed Business Continuity Plan for up to 25 functions or areas:
Administrative business functions:
1. Client Services, Claims & Benefits: handle request for money (death claims, withdrawals) for both Life and Annuity
2. Client Communication: handle communications with policyholders (annual statements, tax forms) for both Life and Annuity
3. Policy Change & Retention: life side, handling of changes to life policies
4. Life System Administration and Controls
5. Policy Billing, Variable Life: life side
Annuity New Business functions:
1. Premier and Bank Team: MNL
2. MNL New Business processing
3. NA New Business processing
4. Variable Annuity processing
5. Agent Contracting: agent appointment, both Life and Annuity
6. Commissions: both Life and Annuity
Life New Business:
2. MNL New Business
3. NA New Business
4. Business Systems and Quality
• Working collaboratively with the customer to collect necessary information and facilitate the development of a corporate Awareness and Training program for the Business Continuity Program and Disaster Recovery Capabilities.
• Identified corporate communication goal and initial communication and training material for a broadcast type class that will be delivered to key stakeholders in a train the trainers’ format.
• Recommendations for communications next steps as part of the overall BCM program.
• Working collaboratively with the customer identify alternate workgroup recovery sites in Des Moines and Sioux Falls.
• Conduct Outage Impact Workshop to identify affected work areas in both city.
• Qualify and quantify business needs.
• Assess physical workgroup needs including remote access.
• Consider commercial workgroup recovery sites, cold sites, reciprocal agreement options.
• Implement by end of 2014 or early 2015.
• Working collaboratively with the customer implement Emergency Response & Management Plan (ERMP).
• Refresh ERMP document (i.e., update contacts, procedures, sites, etc.).
• Create ERMP teams.
• Prepare and conduct ERMP training.
• Operationalize ERMP through standing team meetings, exercises and evacuation drills, management reviews.
• Identified corporate alternate worksites and workgroup priorities.
• Recommendations for commercial worksite providers and service levels.
• Recommendations for process changes to adopt and validate ERMP procedures.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2751.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.