Disaster Recovery Consultant - CONTRACT
Start Date: January 15, 2015 - Estimated at 5 Months
Sacramento, CA - Local Candidates Only
Position: Disaster Recovery Consultant - CONTRACT
Estimated Start Date: January 15, 2015
Estimated Timeframe: 5 Months
Location: Sacramento, CA – Candidates must be local
Salary: Based on Experience
** All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
** All Candidates will need to pass a background check.
Provide project management services, including the planning and facilitation of the Client Company 2015 DR Exercise focused on exercising the viability of recovery plans and recovery time objectives.
· Development and administration of annual DR Training Program.
· Develop and implement Information Technology Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) Process Improvements focused on DR specific Change Controls
· Disaster Recovery Group Plan update process. Development and implementation of a single and repeatable ITSCM best practice process.
· Critical Application Survey Update process. Development and implementation of a single and repeatable IT Service Continuity Management best practice process.
· Lead and manage the design, launch and implementation of the new RSA Archer DR module and make sure the tool is aligned with DR processes. These efforts must be coordinated with the Client Company Emergency Management Section and Business
Continuity Management activities.
· Conduct DR Program Gap Analysis, identify area of opportunity for growth, develop, and implement key policies that support the IT Service Continuity process.
· Lead and facilitate projects focused on accomplishing DR strategic initiatives. Design, develop, and implement the use of various project management and ITSCM tools (e.g., documenting Project Plans, Communication Plans, RACI matrices, WBS diagrams and workflow diagrams).
· Provide regular, continued, and thorough knowledge transfer and transition of duties to the new DR lead.
· Gather and research technical information for use in documentation activities.
· Function as a member of a cross-functional team in a structured environment; collaborate with management to produce documentation based on established deadlines and milestones.
· Prepare DR reports, dashboards and matrixs, and provide regular updates as required by the SPCDR Manager.
· Actively participate in DR risk and issue assessment, prepare and execute mitigation plans as required.
The following knowledge transfer will be required to the Disaster Recovery Unit members.
· Process Maturity Assessment/s development and documentation.
· IT Service Continuity Management process improvement development and documentation. (e.g., RACI matrices, process workflows, etc.)
· IT Service Continuity policy development and documentation.
· Disaster Recovery Exercise planning and execution development and documentation. (e.g., meeting planning, scope summary, project plans, communication plan, schedules, hardware and software inventory, etc.)
· Disaster Recovery report development and documentation.
Method for knowledge transfer
· Knowledge transfer will be provided through Knowledge Transfer meeting/training sessions. All sessions will require documentation that supports the knowledge transfer.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2788.
For questions, please contact Cheyene Marling - [email protected].