Disaster Recovery Coordinator - CONTRACT
6 Month Contract
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2894
Position: Disaster Recovery Coordinator, CONTRACTOR
Status: Contract (start date of late March for a period of 6 months)
Location: Charlotte, NC – Local candidates will receive preference
Reports to: Manager, Disaster Recovery
Salary: $32/ hour – Seeking a minimal of 2 years Disaster Recovery Planning expertise.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
Position Description: The Disaster Recovery Coordinator is responsible for assisting with planning, scheduling, follow up, problem resolution and status reporting on global Disaster Recovery Testing and Infrastructure projects. The DR Coordinator will liaise with all members of the DR team and assist with documentation, planning, and project work. This is a 6 month contract position.
· Assist the office BCP Coordinators with IT DR documentation for their Business Continuity plans and coordinating business testers during continuity and recovery testing.
· Assist with development and regular review of O&S BCP Planning and documentation. Will include working with O&S Team Managers to develop alternate staffing plans.
· Assist in documenting and follow up on disaster recovery and high availability findings, tasks, and issues. This may include using Service Desk Manager to search Change Orders, Request tickets, as well as maintaining status in SharePoint.
· Schedule and facilitate conference calls including WebEx meetings.
· Create and maintain disaster recovery and high availability testing and metric reports.
· Create and maintain Change Orders and requests for DR test activities and issue remediation via SDM.
· Ensure required business contingency and disaster recovery documentation is distributed and available for COMPANY Offices IT teams.
· Monitor and review documentation of production and disaster recovery technology infrastructures to ensure existing documentation is current and relevant.
· Help develop a Quick Reference Document for Office DR to assist in actual disaster situations.
· Participate in DR testing and recovery activities. Will include some non-business hours and weekend work.
· Data entry and analysis for HA Audit results.
· Learn how to use CPO Tracker documentation tool and drive improvements to DR documentation generation.
· Utilize Microsoft Project to help maintain and update DR Test Project Plans.
· Keep DR Application list and calendar in SharePoint up-to-date.
- 2+ years in Disaster Recovery /Business Continuity experience required. Global experience a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills; Must be able to communicate professionally, lead conference calls and meetings.
- Ability to be self-directed when required; Self-starter
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills including oral and written English.
- Availability and willingness to travel occasionally to other COMPANY locations for business.
- College Degree in Business or IT/Engineering preferred.
- CBCP/ABCP certification a plus.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job - http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2894
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.