Lead Disaster Recovery Consultant
Any Metro USA City - 50-75% Travel
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2773
Position: Lead Disaster Recovery Consultant
Status: Contract – On Going Need
Target Start Date: Mid November
Location: Candidate may be based in any large metropolitan city – preference will be given to candidates on the East Coast and Midwest.
Salary: Based on Experience
** All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
** All Candidates will need to pass a background check.
** Candidates with VMware and application recovery architecture experience preferred.
The Sr Lead Technology Consultant participates in developing solutions that assist customers enhance their ability to consistently and efficiently recover critical information systems and data in the event of a Disaster.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a deep and broad understanding of Disaster Recovery technology solutions and business continuity. The candidate should have a background in storage, networking, and server administration concepts. The candidate develops, documents, and implements DR solutions. The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and writing skills to intelligently communicate with client technology leaders about solution components, requirements, and benefits in the areas of business, technology, and finance.
The candidate must be comfortable with business travel (up to 50%), creating, reviewing, and delivering customer deliverables (technical architectures, presentations, Disaster Recovery run books, etc.) for Company customers and should be able to quickly learn and integrate Company product offerings.
As a senior member of the consulting organization, this candidate must be able to mentor junior members of the team and lead small teams (4-7 people) in the consulting group on engagements.
In addition to focusing on project delivery for customers, the ideal candidate must provide pre-sales support for the solutions engineering teams on potential engagements.
• Provide expertise in the development, implementation, and testing of DR technology solutions
• Collaborate with infrastructure and application architect to define solution requirements
• Develop reusable DR collateral, standards, and best practices as well as the evaluate new technologies and capabilities
• Participate in pre-sales efforts with significant consulting opportunities
• Mentor and help broaden practice members knowledge of specific DR technologies, processes, and procedures.
• Subject matter expert in the area of Disaster Recovery Enablement with knowledge of DR solutions that automate failover of applications, data, and infrastructure to a Recovery site in the event of a Disaster using knowledge of SAN and database replication techniques, backup and Recovery technology, load balancing technologies, and application specific Recovery techniques.
• Proficiency in infrastructure technology areas including server hardware, operating systems, networking, storage, virtualization, automation, and orchestration, and cloud architecture.
• Working knowledge of application workload profiling, remediation, and migration.
• Strong teaming skills, with the ability to collaborate and perform well within a complex matrixed organization
• Hands on Experience in at least three of the following:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux
o Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008
o VMware vSphere
o Server Load Balancing (Arrowpoint, F5, Brocade)
o Application and Database replication
o Recovery automation tools (Double-Take Availability, VMware srM, etc.)
o SAN/NAS and File Replication (srDF, RecoverPoint, Global Mirror, SnapMirror)
• Significant experience leading complex work streams within major technical project/consulting engagements
• Strong communication skills including excellent presentation and public speaking talent.
• 12+ years experience working with one or more top consulting or industry firms in a consultative or architectural capacity
• 8+ years experience in planning and implementation of DR solutions
• Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
• Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
• Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
• B.A. or B.S. in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering or equivalent
• Master degree preferred
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume and short bio to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2773.
For questions, please contact Cheyene Marling - email@example.com.