Manager, Business Continuity
CONTRACT - 3-6 Months
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2902
Position: Manager, Business Continuity
Status: CONTRACT – 3-6 Months – IMMEDIATE NEED
Location: Scottsdale, AZ – Local candidates will receive preference
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
This position will be responsible for providing hands-on subject matter expertise in support of the Business Continuity program. Reporting to the Director of Business Continuity, this is a highly visible position that will collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization in order to implement a sound, proactive and comprehensive Business Continuity program that will enable our Client Company to plan for and respond to a business interruption event.
The responsibilities of this position include leading the execution of the Business Continuity Lifecycle which provides a framework for a common enterprise approach for the governance, development, execution and sustainability of the BCM Program. This role includes being tactical in conducting organizational research; performing and evaluating business impact analyses and risk assessments; developing program policies, plans and procedures; coordinating testing and exercise activities; and providing training and awareness communications
- Coordinate and monitor all project management activities to execute all phases of the full Business Continuity program lifecycle
- Develop policies, procedures, templates, standards and documentation in support of the deployment, management and sustainability of the program
- Monitors and reports on the execution of the vision and direction for business continuity lifecycle planning, including the business impact analysis, risk assessment, recovery planning and recovery testing, education and awareness. Ensures the maintenance of a continuous improvement methodology and updated response and recovery plans.
- Create and communicate program requirements and processes, and provide consulting/advisory support to help the business meet expectations
- Perform regular reviews and updates to all program materials in order to ensure that the quality and accuracy of all program documentation is maintained
- Research and incorporate both industry and corporate best practices into the Business Continuity program methodology as appropriate
- Perform continuous monitoring of program activities in order to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, cost reduction and enhanced operational efficiency
- Maintain accurate and complete program performance metrics and develop management reports as necessary
- Prepare and deliver program results to support the business units in prioritization and management of the program life cycle phases
- Providing leadership to and serve in a rotating capacity for other BC team members
- Track, monitor, report and respond as required to internal and external audits
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Business Continuity Management
- Experience with audit and regulatory requirements
- Experience with 3rd party validation
- Disciplined program, project and time management skills with the proven ability to work in a cross functional, matrixed and diverse workforce environment
- A self-starter, highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Detail orientated and disciplined to solve complex problems with the ability to resolve issues and drive solutions that create win-win situations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast paced environment while ensuring the security, confidentiality and integrity of sensitive data
- Excellent coaching, teaching and training skills that have the ability to easily convey program concepts, procedures and methodologies
- Budget and contractor management skills
- Proficiency in working with the Microsoft Office tool suite
- Work with full latitude for independent judgment
- Background and drug screen
- Certifications in Business Continuity Professional Programs (CBCP, CBCI, MBCP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Knowledge and experience in third party validation
- Knowledge and experience in audit tracking and response
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Candidates responding to this posting must independently possess the eligibility to work in the United States at the date of hire.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please submit updated resume and short bio to http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2902
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.