Position: IT DR Advisory Consultant
Status: Contract Position – This will be a full-time commitment
Timeframe: Until end of 2012 with the potential to extend into 2013.
Location: Phoenix, AZ – Will possibly consider candidates from southern California as well who can commute to AZ frequently
Salary: $70 - $100/ Hr depending on qualifications
*****Candidates must have 7-10+ years of IT/DR expertise. IT/DR knowledge must encompass Data Center operations, server and storage, network and applications and high availability. Seeking certified candidates with strong project management expertise.
Advisory Consultants are senior level individuals who participate in a wide range of IT DR process related consulting
engagements. These projects may include risk assessment, business impact analysis (BIA), requirements definition and solution design as related to business continuity and disaster recovery. The work may also include implementing solutions including new process components, organizational structures or policies. Individuals may also participate in business case development and financial analyses.
- Reports directly to the BCM Regional Director
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to participate in the analysis and design of a client BC/DR environment including existing processes and
- Experience or exposure to wide range technology
- Experience with Disaster Recovery planning, analysis and implementation is required
- Certification in one or more Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery organizations (BCBP, DRI, etc.) is desired.
- Exposure to ITIL process implementation is a plus.
Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Experience:
- Show at-least least 7 to 10 years of proven real world experience in one or more of the following areas:
· DR for Data Center management/operations
· DR for server & storage
· DR for network and applications
· Operational recovery/high availability
General Skills Required:
· Quality and efficiency focused
· Ability to translate business requirements into technology requirements
· Project Management skills including work-planning, estimating, meeting facilitation and issue resolution
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience with process and quality management.
- Ability to manage detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
o Highly Professional in Appearance
o Detail Oriented
o Quality Focused
o Well spoken
- General Experience Required: (Be able to show the following.)
o 7 to 10 Years experience or a minimum of 3 to 5 completed DR project implementations in a project environment
o Multiple smaller projects as part of a larger program
o Experience in a Professional Services environment as a consultant is strongly preferred.
o Experience in workflow and process design (Six Sigma Certification a plus)
o Exposure to ITIL process implementation is a plus.
- Education: Undergraduate or Graduate degree preferred in any of the following disciplines:
o Computer Science
o Other Technology or Business Fields
- Must pass Company and client background check
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2556.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.