Position: Resiliency Exercise Designer
Timeframe: Full-time need for 12 months – estimated start date of late August to mid September
Compensation: $68/ hr 1099 of Corp-to-Corp
Location: Washington, DA – Local Candidates Only
*Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
GENERAL PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
This Subject Matter Expert (SME) will work closely with our client’s Director of Resiliency within Corporate Security and Resiliency (CSR). This position will develop innovative scenarios for business impact and workflow interruption at the local, regional, and national levels. This Resiliency Exercise Designer will be able to build scenarios that prompt “outside the box” thinking by exercise participants.
The five categories of our client’s resiliency plan include Emergency Management, Facility Recovery, Business Continuity, Technical Recovery, and Disaster Recovery. Parameters for each exercise may include both tabletop and full-interruption formats.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS A CANDIDATE MUST HAVE IN ORDER TO BE HIRED:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience in table top and emergency planning
- Proven expert-level experience in developing large functional and tabletop exercises
- Experienced planning table top exercises for executive management and crisis management teams
- Experience with planning functional exercises
- Strong knowledge of emergency communications tools, technologies, and management practices
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent project management skills
- Must have excellent writing and collaboration skills
OTHER RELATED ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD ENHANCE HIRING CONSIDERATION:
- Master’s Degree in Emergency Management, Business Administration, or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six Sigma certification
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM)
- Associate Emergency Manager (AEM)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP)
- FEMA Professional Continuity Practitioner (PCP) Certification
- Microsoft office skills to include Excel and SharePoint
Specific Task or Responsibility
Develop scenarios to determine business impact and workflow interruption at the local, regional, and national levels.
Develop and analyze Crisis Management planning, development, process mapping and exercises.
Build scenarios that prompt “outside the box” thinking; Scenarios built should facilitate operational assessment of the adequacy of any or all of five categories of resiliency plan used at client and will include both tabletop and full-interruption formats.
Craft deliverables that allow facilitation by a designee.
Develop 4-6 exercises within a calendar year.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2746.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.