Position: Senior Business Continuity Consultant
Timeframe: 6 months to 1 year contract (strong potential for contract extension)
Contact start date: 2nd week of September
Location: New Haven, CT area (within 45 minutes) – local candidates only
Salary: $40 per hour 1099
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Candidates must pass background and reference check.
* Candidates must have be able and willing to travel internationally on occasion.
* Travel time to and from client’s offices and internationally is not paid.
- At least 5 - 10 years of significant business continuity experience and responsibilities in a large corporation
- Evaluate and identify gaps in Business Continuity Plans (BCP) recovery strategies for critical business processes and non-critical business processes and offer recommendations for addressing gaps in the most cost-effective and efficient manner
- Review and update BCPs for services in client’s BCM system, as needed
- Conduct vendor assessments
- Perform Business Impact Analysis (BIAs) and Risk Assessments
- Design and deliver Tabletop and Functional exercises
- Conduct functional area BC and facility BC workshops to determine key business processes/sub-processes and business cycles
- Assist with identifying and refining Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) for key business processes and sub-processes
- Business Impact Analysis Report listing the financial and operational impacts associated with downtime or data loss of key business processes at the highpoint of business cycles
- Conduct data collection education meetings
- Facilitate workshops for C-Suite, Division / Department heads, and general staff
- Assist with completion of functional area BCPs and facility BCPs
- Assist when needed to further refine key measurement metrics
- Develop reports, PowerPoints, and write additional plans, as needed
- Proven and strong plan writing and presentation skills are essential
- Coordination with Project Manager and project management skills are essential
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in biotechnology sector is desirable
- Experience as a consultant is desirable
- Professional, outgoing, friendly demeanor and professional attire is required
- Must ensure deadlines are met and quality assurance in all deliverables
- Passport must be current or applied for with expedited delivery within 10 business days of contract start date
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2751.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.