Senior Business Resiliency Architect
Immediate Contract Need - 3+ Months
Position: Senior Business Resiliency Architect - CONTRACT
Status: Contract – 3 Months
Expected Start Date: March 7th
Expected End Date: May 30th
Location: Washington, DC – 60-75% remote travel.
Salary: $70-$80/ Hr on a 1099 basis or Corp-to-Corp
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have 12+ years overall consulting experience, 5+ years BC/DR practical expertise and proficiency in infrastructure technology areas.
Our client company, a large technology consulting firm, is seeking a consultant to fulfill one of their client consulting engagements.
Engagement Resource Details
Information System Contingency Plan Document Remediation.
The Senior Business Resiliency Architect is a key member of the Business Resiliency Consulting Team focusing on the delivery of BC/DR engagements which include Business Impact Analysis, DR Readiness Assessment, DR Design and Implementation and DR Testing Services. The incumbent will also be expected to participate in developing collateral, artifacts, client consumable reports and presentations, and operating / cost models used for the analysis and TCO of the Business Resiliency Program.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a minimum of 12+ years of overall consulting experience and 5+ years of BC/DR based consulting or practical experience. Ideal candidate will have direct BC/DR process design and deployment experience focused on integrating industry leading Frameworks and relevant methodologies such as ITIL V3, Six Sigma, COBIT, ISO 27001, and ISO 22301 standards as required. In addition, candidate will ideally be able to serve as the Stream Lead in a multi-stream engagement, and will lead workshops, interviews, and presentations during the engagement delivery cycle.
• Provide consulting on BC/DR program strategy development including risk and business impact analysis
• Provide consulting in the design, development, implementation, and testing of DR technology solutions
• Participate in Business Resiliency engagements to curate client information, evaluate, analyze, recommend, design, and develop Leading Industry Business Resiliency Solutions to support client business goals and objectives
• Responsible for architecting solutions that assist customers and enhance their ability to consistently and efficiently recover critical information systems and data in the event of a Disaster
• Develop reusable DR collateral, standards, and best practices as well as evaluate new technologies and capabilities for maturation of current offerings and development of new product offerings
• Participate in the development/response to pre-sales materials, and RFP/RFI responses as required
• Travel required up to 60-75%
• Strong teaming skills, works well across complex organization and drives collaboration
• Extensive experience working in the consulting or service industry with a primary focus on business analysis, BC/DR activities, and applications portfolio management including SDLC cycles
• Understanding in the area of Disaster Recovery Enablement with knowledge of DR solutions that automate failover of applications, data, and infrastructure to a recovery site in the event of a Disaster using knowledge of SAN and database replication techniques, backup and Recovery technology, load balancing technologies, and application specific Recovery & Resiliency techniques
• Proficiency in infrastructure technology areas including server hardware, operating systems, networking, storage, virtualization, automation, and orchestration, and cloud architecture
• Working knowledge of application workload profiling, remediation, and migration
• Hands on Experience in at least three of the following:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux
o Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008
o VMware vSphere
o Server Load Balancing (Arrowpoint, F5, Brocade)
o Application and Database replication
o Recovery automation tools (Double-Take Availability, VMware SRM, Zerto, Repliweb etc.)
o SAN/NAS and File Replication (SRDF, RecoverPoint, Global Mirror, SnapMirror)
• Understanding of modern IT production datacenter and Internet hosting operations
• Must possess superior interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple activities and projects of varying complexity, and multiple competing priorities while under time constraints
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to clearly articulate - both verbally and using written business English - complex technical issues to all levels of the organization
• Experience working with one or more top consulting or industry firms in a consultative or architectural capacity
• Experience leading complex work streams within major technical project/consulting engagements
• Familiarity with Business Continuity and Disaster Planning cycles and/or ISO 27001, ISO22301 & BS 259999 concepts
• Previous transformation or IT Strategy development and deployment or Process and Service Delivery experience preferred
• Familiarity with industry leading methodologies and frameworks including ITIL V3, COBIT, Six Sigma, and PMI preferred
• B.A. or B.S. in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering, Advanced degree preferred
• CBCP certification preferred
Preferred Project or Engagement Background:
It is part of a Change Order for an original body of work which was an Assessment of their DR Environment.
Client Technical Environment:
Mix of windows, AIX, Oracle and SQL Server
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2927.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.