Business Continuity Consultant
6-12+ Month Contract Engagement
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2947
Position: Business Continuity Consultant
Number of openings: 2
Location: Springfield, Illinois
Status: 6-12 month contract
Hourly rate: Will depend on experience.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Seeking candidates with 5+ years expertise in Business Continuity.
* Industry certification preferred.
This position is responsible for coordination of the Business Continuity strategy. This position will assist with strategic efforts for both DR and Security across the agencies. The Business Continuity Consultant provides guidance, manages large projects and implementations, and initiatives in accordance with the mission and goals of the client. The Business Continuity Consultant is knowledgeable, with a broad set of skills that cross technical, business, project, risk, program, and vendor management. Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, training or experience is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with hands-on project management or equivalent
- Be a CBCP–DR-II certified business continuity professional or member of the Business Continuity Institute Certificate or equivalent experience in business continuity, IT disaster recovery, and crisis management
- Excellent business management skills including process engineering, practices and procedures, and general business operations.
- Knowledgeable in technology management, including system design and engineering, networking, and database
- Excellent deep analysis capabilities, and the ability to make decisions and create workable strategies and processes from those analyses.
- Must be able to understand fairly complex written and oral instructions
- Ability to clearly present written information and findings
- Ability to communicate concepts
- Ability to make executive-level presentations
- Ability to interact well with co-workers and outside contacts
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to maintain consistent, regular attendance
- Ability to report to perform tasks in a physical work office environment
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job - http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2947
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791.