Cyber Security Consultant
6-12+ Month Contract Engagement
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2949
Position: Cyber Security Consultant
Number of openings: 2
Location: Springfield, Illinois
Status: 6-12 month contract
Hourly rate: Will depend on experience.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Seeking candidates with 5+ years expertise in Cyber Security.
* Relevant industry standard certifications required (SANS, CISSP, C|EH, Etc..).
The Cyber Security Consultant position is primarily responsible for actively monitoring security threats and risks involving client infrastructure. This includes timely review of security incidents generated by customer security devices and logs, assessment of the situation, and possible escalation to the client. The security analyst will utilize both proprietary and third-party applications to perform analysis. The security analyst works within a 24x7x365 team to deliver monitoring services.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, training or experience is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with hands-on project management or equivalent
- Monitoring and analyzing logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies (IDS/IPS, Firewall, Proxies, Anti-Virus, etc…), across multiple platforms.
- Assessing the security impact of security alerts and traffic anomalies on customer networks.
- Creating comprehensive security write-ups which articulate security issues, analysis and remediation techniques.
- Escalating and explaining severe security incidents to clients verbally.
- Responding to technical security questions and concerns from clients.
- Possessing a deep understanding of hacker techniques, vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures.
- Maintaining a strong awareness and understanding of the current threat landscape.
- Conducting research on emerging security threats and potential customer impact.
- A passion for security, learning, and knowledge sharing.
- Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns.
- Strong knowledge of identified operating system platforms, routers, network protocols, and security architecture
- Working knowledge of well-known security tools such as NMAP, Nessus, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netcat, and Backtrack.
- Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Strong understanding of common categories of malware and characteristics of each.
- Advanced college coursework in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Relevant industry standard certifications preferred (SANS, CISSP, C|EH, Etc..).
- Excellent business management skills including process engineering, practices and procedures, and general business operations.
- Knowledgeable in technology management, including system design and engineering, networking, and database
- Excellent deep analysis capabilities, and the ability to make decisions and create workable strategies and processes from those analyses.
- Must be able to understand fairly complex written and oral instructions
- Ability to clearly present written information and findings
- Ability to communicate concepts
- Ability to make executive-level presentations
- Ability to interact well with co-workers and outside contacts
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer up to 7 hours a day
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to maintain consistent, regular attendance
- Ability to report to perform tasks in a physical work office environment
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job - http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2949
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 562-260-6791.