Position: Business Continuity Regional Manager
Status: Contract, Potential Contract-to-Hire
Location: New York City, NY – Local Candidates
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: Regional Director of BCM
*****Candidates must be certified and in good standing with the certified body and have a Bachelor Degree. Seeking candidates with 5+ years BCM expertise coupled with financial industry experience.
The incumbent of this role will work under the direction of the Regional Director of BCM locally in New York as well as with executive stakeholders within region to develop, implement and manage Company’s BCM program in the Americas region. The applicant will be part of a global team that works extensively with senior management and key business and IT leads to create and maintain local Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), which include the Business Impact Analysis and recovery strategy plans. Other responsibilities will include exercises of said plans along with partnership in Disaster Recovery (DR) testing, performing incident management training and exercises and other trainings as appropriate.
This role will drive not only Americas-focused BCM initiatives, but adhere to global BCM program standards. The ideal individual must possess strong business continuity expertise in a large global organization, have financial industry experience, and be willing to travel.
• Reports directly to the BCM Regional Director
• Works with regional business departments to develop BCPs and review with senior management
• Conduct quality assurance assessments on each BCP prior to approval
• Instruct department level Plan Coordinators on BCM methodology and planning tool use
• Manage alternate work area site readiness
• Assist with exercise design and execution
• Participate in technology Disaster Recovery testing as directed.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in Business Continuity
• Extensive planning experience with electronic planning tools
• Able to operate effectively and manage relationships at senior management levels
• Demonstrate a strong level of presentation skill and the ability to communicate confidently
• Experience working with regulators and knows regional BCM regulatory requirements within region
• Make timely and effective decisions and works well in a team environment
• Prepared to travel between U.S. east coast offices
• Has financial industry experience
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Management, or a related field; of the equivalent in education and work experience, with advanced degrees preferred
• Excellent project management and execution skills
• Has BCM certifications or other related certified training
• Exercise design & execution experience
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2432.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.