Position: Business Continuity and Crisis Management Consultant
Status: Contract (possible contract to hire)
Location: Houston (Local candidates only – no exceptions)
Hourly rate: $70.00 - $80.00 (DOE)
Travel: Must be open to potential international travel
Length of contract: TBD but could be 12 months beginning in September.
**All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
The successful candidate must have 5+ years of consulting experience in business continuity, crisis management and disaster recovery program implementation and execution. The BC/CM consultant will be working on the clients’ sites 80% of the time and sales support 20%. In addition to supporting clients obtained through the sales team, the consultant will be expected to drive business through their own experience, including previously established relationships. A BA or BS is required and industry certification preferred.
***A demonstrated knowledge of the oil and gas industry and the clients’ solutions is highly desired. ICS experience is highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead and coordinate complex enterprise resiliency program and project implementation efforts (with internal and external partners).
• Define, execute and manage customer specific Business Continuity project development, risk assessments, Business Impact Analyses, continuity strategy development, Business Continuity Plan development, recovery team table-top exercise development and facilitation
• Define, execute and manage customer specific Crisis Management project development, team development, Crisis/Incident Management Plan development, crisis team table-top exercise development and facilitation
• Establish executive level relationships, understanding the needs and language of customer’s specific business.
• Develop a strong understanding of the customers’ solution, strategy and business requirements.
• Partner with internal staff to create successful Proposals and Presentations in response to RFPs and other customer needs
The clients expects any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
• Self Starter – A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve goals.
• Success/Achievement Orientation – Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
• Leveraging Relationships – Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally) to maximize personal and the clients successes.
• Problem Solving – Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and
enhance the client’s brand.
Identifying Customer Needs
Seeks to provide an appropriate solution by understanding what the customer is trying to accomplish; spends time in a needs analysis process that identifies key objectives specific to an individual customer; gives the customer’s agenda priority over a standard response; changes the consulting approach or solution to accommodate the customer versus force fit the customer to an existing model
• Asks questions of customers and demonstrates thorough knowledge of customers’ industry
• Understands Customers place in the market and broader level business objectives
• Demonstrates an understanding of how the clients SW and consulting solutions can serve the overall goals of customers
• Responds to customer inquires in a customized manner; demonstrating an understanding of customer requirements
Maximizes Results by Anticipating Obstacles that Could Impede Progress
Able to sort through bureaucracy, complexity, or politics to focus on required results; is not caught unprepared when obstacles are encountered; meets self-imposed standards of excellence by delivering agreed upon results that are straightforward and customer defined
• Delivers on all commitments regardless of challenges
• Uses experience to pro-actively identify future problems, and develops contingencies to mitigate potential roadblocks
• Takes initiative to find out possible solutions using The clients products and how they interact with what the customer already has in place
To apply, please submit resume and short bio at http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order# 2662. For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens – firstname.lastname@example.org