Business Continuity Program Manager
Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse or Utica, NY
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2897
Position: Business Continuity Program Manager
Status: Full-time, Direct-Hire
Location: Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse or Utica, NY
Salary: Based on Experience – 5+ years BCM/DR expertise.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 5+ years of dedicated BCM/DR expertise.
The Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Program Manager serves as subject matter expert for disaster recovery or business continuity management, as appropriate. Additional responsibilities include assisting with Incident Management, coordinating all IT resources necessary to support semiannual Disaster Recovery exercises, and maintenance of several applications essential to the success of the Business Resilience Program, such as SendWordNow, eBRP, etc. Specific to Business Continuity This position is responsible for managing the delivery of business resilience program elements to the business units including facilitating the completion of facility-specific Risk Assessments and departmental Business Impact Analyses. Analyzes and compiles critical business process information and requirements for the development of Business Continuity Plans. The incumbent works directly with Facilities, Human Resources, IT, Communications, Finance and other support departments to develop viable business continuity solutions. The incumbent supports the Disaster Recovery Program Manager to identify critical IT requirements to sustain critical operations for disaster recovery. The position is responsible for managing Business Continuity Exercises. The Program Manager promotes Business Continuity and overall Business Resilience Program awareness and understanding within the organization. This position delivers enterprise essential non-technical requirements and plans for emergency operations.
Essential Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• Implements Business Resilience (BR) or Disaster Recovery (DR) Strategy
• Assists with the development and maintains policies, procedures guidelines and deliverables for Disaster Recovery compliance or Business Continuity Compliance, as applicable
• Manages all aspects of the Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Management Program including the development, implementation, testing and maintenance of departmental and corporate Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity Plans
• Develops and maintains standards and procedures for recovery documentation
• Collaborates with IT and application owner professionals to insure disaster recovery documentation is compliant to corporate standards
• Assures Disaster Recovery Plans, along with any additional records required for response and recovery, are identified and properly maintained in the Business Resilience Management tool
• Develops and maintains disaster recovery or business continuity program metrics
• Mentors and educates on disaster recovery objectives and corporate responsibilities
• Delivers DR or Business Continuity Test After-Action Review/Improvement Plan reports and manages the improvement/action resolution process. • Co-Manages Business Resilience Management Tool (eBRP) with Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery Program Manager, including training, rollout and maintenance • Works with critical technology vendors to insure they can support COMPANY during critical events. Establishes appropriate MOUs, emergency delivery agreements, etc.
• In conjunction with other key stakeholders, negotiates and manages contracts with third party providers of recovery services (e.g. IBM)
• Assists Incidents Management Operations Manager in performing facility-specific risk analyses to identify points of vulnerability and recommends disaster avoidance and reduction strategies
• Acts as Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity team project leader. Mentors new staff and provides skills transfer to team members
• Collaborates with Emergency Management Manager, applicable Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery Program Manager, and Business-Unit Continuity Coordinators to insure appropriate risk mitigation, incident response, recovery, and business restoration
• Assists with the development of capital and operating budgets and assures adherence to approved budgets
• Reports program status to Corp Director, Business Resilience
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the COMPANY’S mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Minimum of 5 years of comprehensive Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery experience required
• Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in IT disaster recovery and/or business resilience managing large scale plans across multiple geographic areas
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in current business continuity and/or disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies, as well as, the methods used in performing disaster recovery testing and/or risk and business impact analyses
• Experience writing process documentation including technical diagram workflows required
• Familiarity with audit control processes and hot-site recovery
• Emergency or Disaster experience required
• Experience in the healthcare and financial services industries preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead the development of short to mid-range projects that tie to long term strategic plans
• Strong personnel management skills and ability to manage teams in a virtual environment
• Re-engineering / process improvement experience, leading and coaching business resilience improvement projects
• Must have demonstrated knowledge and/or skills in the following areas:
• Experience with disaster recovery planning and testing including managing DR tests at third-party facilities, etc.
• Experience with emergency management
• Experience managing third party recovery site personnel and/or vendor management
• Knowledge of industry standard practices in business continuity, emergency management and disaster recovery/business continuity management
• Experience with the National Incident Management System (Incident Command System) a plus
• Experience must include the ability to perform multiple tasks, strong organization and prioritization skills, strong written and verbal communication, teamwork, project management, problem solving, analysis skills and ability to manage teams in a virtual environment
• Experience must also include the ability to interface with managers and staff at all levels within the organization and to engage at a professional level with external consultants, vendors, and disaster recovery services.
• Must be skillful in the use of personal computers, “smart” devices, Windows, Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and Project Management Software.
• Keeps current through professional associations, etc.
This position is on call 24 x 7. Travel for Disaster Recovery Testing and BCP activities and to other divisions within the COMPANY is required.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap. Our client maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre employment substance abuse testing.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2897.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.