Manager, Crisis Manager/ Business Continuity
Westlake Village, CA or Orange/ Costa Mesa, CA
BC Management, Inc. Job Order #2893
Position: Manager, Crisis Management/ Business Continuity
Status: Full-time, Direct-Hire
Location: Westlake Village or Costa Mesa, CA
Salary: Based on Experience – 2+ years BCM/DR expertise.
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 2+ years of dedicated BCM/DR expertise.
Designs, implements, tests, and monitors the regulatory compliance program (which includes the Emergency Response Plan and Business Continuity Plan) for COMPANY. Works with various functional areas and different levels of personnel within COMPANY to ensure compliance policies and procedures meet industry standards set by regulatory bodies, trade associations, and COMPANY. Communicates and coordinates efforts with other COMPANY compliance and control personnel, regulatory agencies, and/or other external entities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Update, maintain, and test the business continuity plan for each major COMPANY office worldwide in accordance with COMPANY corporate guidelines.
• Maintain a listing of required/recommended safety related supplies. Distribute a checklist of such supplies to a contact person within each major COMPANY office worldwide.
• Develop, update and maintain the emergency response plan (ERP) for the COMPANY offices in Westlake Village and Orange/Costa Mesa in accordance with COMPANY corporate guidelines.
• Coordinate and conduct an ERP drill (as well as any other recommended safety related drills / tests) in the COMPANY offices in Westlake Village and Orange/Costa Mesa at least once a year.
• Conduct and/or coordinate CPR classes on an annual basis within the COMPANY offices in Westlake Village and Orange/Costa Mesa.
• Assist the COMPANY Compliance Officer with various activities related to the Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) programs. These activities include: a) Maintain a copy of all GFCC related policies b) Track the completion of all required GFCC training by COMPANY associates. c) Assist, as needed, with any requests or initiatives made by the GFCC team.
• Assist COMPANY Data Protection Officer, as requested, on addressing data security inquiries.
• Assist COMPANY Privacy Officer, as requested, on addressing data privacy inquiries.
• Monitor and track any gifts received or given by COMPANY associates. Provide details of such gifts to the COMPANY Compliance Officer and COMPANY CFO on a quarterly basis (or immediately depending upon the nature of the gift).
• Flag and notify potential violations of compliance standards and procedures to appropriate COMPANY personnel.
• Assist the COMPANY Accounting team, as needed, with the review / auditing of T&E and Pcard expense reports.
• Track the implementation of management action plans (MAP’s) agreed to by COMPANY as part of audits conducted by Corporate Audit. Review the status of MAP’s on a quarterly basis with the COMPANY CFO and COMPANY Controller.
• Assist, as needed, with certain audit requests made by internal or external parties (e.g., Corporate Audit, E&Y, clients, vendors).
• Assist the COMPANY Controller in the collection and retention of the quarterly management review checklists completed by COMPANY senior management and the applicable COMPANY finance representatives.
Minimum Education / Business Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• Knowledge and appreciation of compliance issues, laws, and regulations both domestically and internationally.
Minimum and Preferred Experience / Skills
• 2+ years of compliance or surveillance experience.
• Experience developing, updating, and testing business continuity plans and emergency response plans.
• Experience working with compliance monitoring systems and tracking/reporting compliance issues.
• Related securities licenses, industry, and/or professional certifications is an advantage.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap. Our client maintains a drug-free workplace and perform pre employment substance abuse testing.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number #2893.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.