Position: Asia Pacific Business Continuity Manager
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Pune or Mumbai, India – Local Candidates
Salary: Based on Experience
This is an APJ-based leadership role responsible for managing the lifecycle activities of a world class, global business program of a $6 billion technology firm, that maintains the ability to deliver support to our customers during any business interruption, while minimizing financial risk and negative external perceptions of the company. Educating the enterprise on Company’s business continuity management and incident management programs.
• Educating the enterprise on Company’s business continuity management and incident management programs.
• Engaging with the global program team and the enterprise at large in standard BCM lifecycle activities to:
• understand each organizations recovery requirements,
• provide framework and analysis to help determine their BCM strategy
• drive the implementation of agreed upon solutions for those requirements,
• exercise, maintain and review that implementation
• The global program team is comprised of executive management and senior leadership, corporate BCM governance, global region management, site executives, business unit vertical leads, business continuity recovery teams, technology disaster recovery resources; the enterprise encompasses any other internal, partner or supplier entities that require assistance from, or partner with, the BCM program to protect the company from business interruption or ensure branding consistency or alignment with go-to-market strategies.
• Discover and problem-solve new scenarios that are introduced to provide appropriate assessment and management of risk.
• Proactively manage multiple global program team interactions, and proficiently utilize analytical tools and practice methodologies to solve identified issues, and ensure internal client satisfaction through quality deliverables to meet quarterly targets.
• Manage the company’s incident response program for the APJ region operations, including:
• conducting training and awareness
• crafting and disseminating updates to company guidelines and response plans
• leadership of Incident Management Team activities if business interruptions occur
• Demonstrated familiarity with the Incident Command System (ICS) methodology a plus.
• Share ideas with other staff and support critical reasoning according to company guidelines, industry standards and industry benchmark.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English required. Other languages a plus.
• Continue to develop industry expertise and maintain professional certification.
• May require up to 30% travel - China locations, Tokyo, Singapore, Australia etc.
• A proven track record of driving multiple, complex business continuity and disaster recovery projects to conclusion successfully
• Driving strategic corporate initiatives by managing internal client relationships
• Demonstrated, strong team leadership across multiple disciplines, locations and regions
• Certified Business Continuity Planner, or Member Business Continuity Institute
• Minimum of five years of managing full planning lifecycle BC and DR initiatives specifically, for internal or external clients.
• Management of multiple teams on concurrent timelines with concurrent deliverables
• Experience in the global arena
• Facilitating and leading cross-functional teams in response to actual incidents
• Excellent written and oral English; other languages a plus
• Experience managing merging BC/DR programs and merging company cultures a plus.
• Experience with technology companies a plus.
• Professional Development Skills: oversight of multiple project planning initiatives, relationship management, business acumen, business development/sales, coaching, contract design and management, deal shaping, decision making, facilitation, influence, initiative and anticipation, innovation, issue identification analysis and solving, knowledge sharing, negotiation, oral and written communication, personal credibility, program management, program strategy and planning, project management, project strategy and planning, sustaining relationships, team leadership, teamwork and collaboration, incident management and incident response.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2469.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.