Position: BC/DR Service Delivery Project Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA (home based office)
Status: Full time/Permanent
Reports to: Service Continuity Office Service Delivery Manager
Salary: DOE - Base salary plus bonus incentive and benefits
Travel: Less than 25%
* Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the USA.
Program manages delivery of Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) Service level agreements, third party recovery contracts, internal recovery solutions, recovery strategy development and plan documentation, test planning and facilitation for the clients BU’s.
RESILIENCE RELATED COMPETENCIES
Resilience Program Management
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements based on Service Continuity SLA(s).
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities in coordination with local management.
• Manages operational DR aspects of the client program.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Effectively applies our BC/DR methodology and enforces BCP standards.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures on an as needed basis with Client(s).
• Minimizes the client’s exposure and risk for BU client.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately in LDRPS.
• Develop disaster recovery plan templates and provide for cross training
• Coordinates the ongoing maintenance of DR plans
• Conduct disaster recovery exercises
• Coordinate the maintenance of vital DR records at an off-site location
• Manage 3rd party hotsite agreements and scope of hardware
• Train and support recovery personnel in testing process
• Identify all major plan components
• Define planning teams, roles and responsibilities
• Track plan development action items
• Assist customers with defining the exercise scope, schedules, strategies, objectives and assumptions
• Coordinate DR exercise development projects
• Develop and maintain exercise project materials such as diagrams, matrices and timelines
• Define exercise teams, roles and responsibilities
• Allocate tasks and responsibilities to BU SME’s
• Track exercise action items, CAPA and Risk Register
• Develop the verification and validation criteria of exercise results
• Prepare and report exercise results including key metrics and recommendations
• Manage post-exercise updates to recovery plan documentation
• Analyze data for errors and omissions
• Track plan maintenance action items
• Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis using Projector.
• Manages project budget and allocations.
• Ensures accurate allocations to client(s)
• Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
• Understands SCO pricing model and billing procedures.
• Accurately forecasts revenue and utilization.
• Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
• Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as needed by BU.
• Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and submission of BR’s.
• Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with Client.
• Keeps Client team well informed of changes within the organization and general SCO news.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to manager.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Possesses a thorough understanding of the client’s recovery capabilities.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Four year degree in business or computer science
• 7 – 10 years experience in increasingly responsible DR or BCP project management or BCP consulting for a Service Provider.
Certifications & Memberships
• Maintains a professional certification in BCP through DRII or BCI of CBCP or MBCI level or above.
• Engages with local chapter of ACP or BRMA to further knowledge and contribute to the BCP field.
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
• Manages the development of client team
• Influences coworkers and client team members to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change .
• Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
• Remains on the forefront of emerging BCP practices.
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each client and BCM’s clients IT team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each client team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates client and BCM’s clients IT teams to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Keeps track of lessons learned
• Mitigates client and BCM’s clients IT team conflict and communication problems.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction.
• Sets and manages client expectations.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
Office environment, computer room environment, travels to client sites, recovery exercises at third party locations, and conferences. Physical Requirements: Lifting up to 30lbs, occasionally; Sitting and talking on telephone 3-5 hours per day; Using computer 6 - 8 hours per day
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal the clients IT processes along with possible solutions.
• Leads internal clients IT teams/task forces to obtain results for Client(s).
• Reviews the status reports of client and BCM’s clients IT team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Complies with and helps to enforce SCO standard operating policies and procedures
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 268.
For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens – email@example.com