Position: BC/DR Sr. Consultant
Start Date: Estimated - Mid - End of June
Estimated Timeline: Full-time need (40 hours/ week)
Location: Chicago, IL or Minneapolis, MN – Local Candidates Only
Salary: Based on Experience
*Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
Our client, an IT Consulting Firm, has an immediate need for a BC/DR Sr. Consultant to be based in Chicago, IL or Minneapolis, MN.
The Senior Consultant will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and provide consulting and project management support for Advanced Services engagements. The Senior Consultant develops DR solutions that assist customers enhance their ability to consistently and efficiently recover critical information systems and data in the event of a disaster. The Senior Consultant will work closely with the Advanced Services leadership team to support pre-sales, project planning, delivery and post-sales support.
Typical job functions:
• Hands-on support and execution of executive business impact analysis to help client determine their business continuity priorities, determine IT service dependencies and establish IT recovery requirements – Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO). This includes conducting executive interviews, as well as impact analysis workshops, analyzing and documenting findings.
• Hands-on support and execution of an IT risk assessment to determine risk profile of corporate datacenter. This includes conducting risk assessment workshops, and analyzing and documenting findings.
• Hands-on support of IT Service Continuity Strategy development options, in collaboration with Company Sales, and technical engineers. This includes executing Company’s strategy definition framework and gathering information for the engineering team to help in the process of identifying viable Network, Storage, Server and Application recovery/continuity alternatives.
• Hands-on development of IT Service Continuity (DR) plans, including emergency response, escalation, communication, orchestration processes. In addition, providing SME guidance to technical team to develop recovery and validation procedures.
• Hands-on facilitation of capability validation exercises (testing), including planning, preparation, execution, and post-exercise activities.
• Hands-on development of business continuity and disaster recovery policies, procedures, and working with clients to define appropriate governance models.
• Perform research to stay up-to-date on relevant DR topics/trends, technologies and Company’s capabilities; maintain proficiency in security related tools and best practices
• Develop mentoring skills and build relationships with customers
• Follow internal methodology and processes, and generate new perspectives and frameworks that allow problems to be solved
• Perform all other duties, as assigned
• Adhere to Company’s Core Values
• This position may include travel up to seventy (70%) percent
Minimum Required Experience and Education:
The Senior Consultant will possess extensive expertise and understanding of Disaster Recovery (DR) technology solutions and business continuity planning best practices. The Senior Consultant should be extremely well versed in storage, networking topologies, and server administration concepts. The incumbent will possess Subject Matter Expert (SME) level skills in the area of Disaster Recovery solutions that automate failover of applications, data, and infrastructure to a recovery site(s).
A minimum of 5-8 years hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: Disaster Recovery Planning, backup recovery software, tape technology, RAID storage products, SAN Fibre architecture; VMware Site Recovery Manager. The incumbent must also be proficient in infrastructure technology areas including server hardware, operating systems, networking, storage, and virtualization. Other areas of proficiency include:
• UNIX (Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, AIX)
• Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012
• VMware vSphere
• Server Load Balancing (Cisco ArrowPoint, F5, Brocade)
• Recovery automation tools (Double-Take Availability, VMware SRM, etc.)
• SAN/NAS and File Replication (SRDF, SnapMirror)
Applicants with industry certifications are highly preferred (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CBCP, PMP, and ITIL). Applicants should also possess:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/education;
• Excellent written and oral communications;
• Excellent analytical abilities resulting in problem resolution;
• Good organizational skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Project coordination skills and/or experience;
• Strong customer relationship skills.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2734.