Position: Business Continuity Analyst
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: New York, NY – Prefer Local Candidates
Salary: Based on Experience – seeking 3-5 years BC planning Expertise
*Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Candidates will be expected to pass a company background check.
The Business Continuity Analyst reports to the Director of Business Continuity Planning. This role requires a significant understanding of business continuity planning methodologies and support of critical business operations. The business continuity analyst will assist in maintaining and improving the business continuity program to improve resiliency and protect Company’s brand and reputation. The business continuity analyst will support preparation for and response to actual emergencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with the Director of Business Continuity Planning as well as Business Leadership on significant projects that affect Company’s resiliency of critical business processes.
- Responsible for supporting the administration of Company’s global business continuity program, including:
- Ensure that Business Continuity program components (Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessments, plans, strategies, etc.) are current, effective, and address Company’s business requirements.
- Develop schedules and materials for Business Continuity training/awareness activities to ensure that business continuity teams are trained and proficient in implementing the business continuity plans.
- Coordinate business recovery exercises (Walk-throughs, Recovery Center, Remote, etc).
- Administer and manage content on the Business Continuity SharePoint and Intranet sites.
- Manage emergency communications with employees, Administer emergency communications tools such as Alertfind.
- Ensure that new acquisitions are integrated into Company’s business continuity management program.
- Support the Crisis Management Team to include: scheduling conference calls, supporting emergency communications, preparing and distributing status updates, guiding decision-making, ensuring execution of action items, and creating post-incident reports.
- Support business continuity related initiatives, to include: site selection, strategy development, in-house training
- On call monitoring of global events.
- Other activities as required.
- Knowledge or experience in business continuity planning - commensurate with 3-5 years of experience.
- An understanding of Information Technology concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, etc.).
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Very strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to interact and work efficiently and effectively with employees across the organization.
- Strong administrative skills, including effectiveness in developing project plans to achieve target dates.
- Ability to be on call to support off-hours emergencies.
- Able to travel (domestically and internationally) (5%-10%).
- Must be a productive team player and must also be comfortable working independently, with little direct supervision.
- Undergraduate degree
- Professional Designation – Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP, MBCI, etc.).
- Prior business continuity experience at a large organization or business continuity consulting experience.
- Experience in managing disruptive incidents (significant, multi-site incidents would be a strong plus).
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2760.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.