Position: Business Continuity Associate – Contract – Full-time
Location: Dallas, TX – Local Candidates Only
Timeframe: Mid March - End of May
Compensation: $45/ hr
Reports to: Sr. Business Continuity Planner
*Candidate must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
Responsible for assisting the Senior Business Continuity Planner with ongoing management of the Company’s Business Continuity Program. This responsibility includes providing guidance and support to business continuity plan owners in maintenance of business continuity plans, implementing revisions to business continuity plans due to organization changes, assisting in management of the business continuity plan review process, and providing support in conducting training and testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Train and guide business units with the development and maintenance of their business continuity plans using the Company’s planning tools and standards.
• Assess the business continuity implications of organizational or technological changes and recommend revisions to existing business continuity plans.
• Track and carry out the review process for existing business continuity plans using the Company’s review process tools and standards.
• Coordinate and execute desk and tabletop exercises as directed by the Senior Business Continuity Planner using the Company’s testing and exercising tools and standards.
• Audit existing business continuity plans periodically or as directed to ensure compliance with the Company’s business continuity plan development standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Job requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in emergency management, general business or a related field with a minimum of 2 years of comprehensive business continuity work experience. Work experience should be directly related to business continuity and not solely from an information technology or disaster recovery perspective.
• Certification in business continuity (ABCP, CBCP, AMBCI, or MBCI) is preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of business continuity terminology, techniques, and planning standards is required.
• Must have solid organizational and project management skills with the ability to coordinate and execute the Company’s business continuity program planning strategies.
• Requires strong human relations skills to interface with all levels of employees within the organization.
• Must have excellent verbal communication, written communication and presentation skills. Formal instruction or work experience as a trainer/instructor would be beneficial.
• Must have extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and relational databases is preferred.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
**To be considered for this opportunity, please submit updated resume to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order# 2702. For questions contact – Cheyene Marling – firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.