Business Continuity Coordinator - Contract
Contract - 6+ Months - Start in July
Palo Alto, CA - Local Candidates Only
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2868
Position: Business Continuity Coordinator - CONTRACT
Status: Contractor – 6 – 12 months – Start of engagement in July
Location: Palo Alto, CA – Local Candidates Only
Salary: $70-$80/ hr on a 1099 basis - Based on Experience
Reporting to: Senior Manager - Business Continuity Management
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates should have 5+ years of dedicated BCM expertise.
As part of the Business Continuity (BC) Program Office, this role will be supporting the Business Continuity plan development with critical business units, coordination of the BC lifecycle planning, training and awareness, exercise coordination. As well, the coordinator will support all business plan activities necessary to enable the Organization to manage a crisis event as well as meet compliance requirements for BC planning.
COMPANY follows industry best practices in lifecycle planning activities (ISO22301). This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Global Business Continuity.
The Business Continuity team is responsible for developing, maintaining and exercising the Company's business continuity program.
Under administrative direction, facilitate the global exercise program for the Business Continuity Program Office. This includes, but is not limited to, conducting quarterly tabletop exercises globally, communications exercises, simulations and partnering with the Disaster Recovery Program (DR) Manager on quarterly DR exercises. Additional responsibilities include training and awareness programs and reporting & metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates exercises to test business continuity strategies, incident management, emergency notification process, and the firm's ability to respond to business interruptions
- Schedule, develop and conduct all BC exercises and simulations
- Support and collaborate with DR Program Manager on DR exercises
- Administration and support of communications plans
- Training & Awareness program development and implementation
- Provides training in more advanced Business Continuity techniques.
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to various levels of management.
- Provides oversight and documents the results of exercises to identify necessary enhancements to the Business Continuity plans and procedures.
- Provides recommendations and takes steps to address changes to the plan in the scope of the firm's Business Continuity activities or the manner in which they are performed.
- Provides business and technical guidance under the direction of the BCP Manager, as it relates to business continuity and business impact analysis.
- Facilitates presentations and workshop sessions on Business Continuity.
- Prepares risk mitigation plans for strengthening resiliency and / or the effectiveness of controls in assigned business processes.
- Conducts annual review of business continuity plans
- Researches and develops metrics for analysis and measurement of the firm's recovery strategy.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Certification in Business Continuity Management from DRII or BCI (can be obtained post hire)
- Project management skills from requirements gathering to design and implementation (PMP Certification is a positive)
- Knowledge of business continuity practice area ISO 22301
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, SharePoint experience
- Knowledge of current business continuity planning techniques and technologies, including methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses
- Working knowledge of systems and technologies to assist in the preparation of recovery procedures
- Strong decision making, negotiating/problem solving, organizational skills required
- Strong documentation, analytical and presentation skills
- Flexible working hours to support the needs of the business
- RSA Archer Software Tool - helpful
- Advanced concepts, principles, and practices of Business Continuity Planning, including:
- Project Initiation and Management
- Business Impact Analysis
- Developing Business Continuity Strategies
- Developing and Implementing Business Continuity Plans
- Awareness and Training Programs
- Maintaining and Exercising Business Continuity Plans
- Crisis Communications
- Coordination with External Agencies
- Financial markets and products
- Understanding of ISO 22301
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in the specific business functions of assigned functional area or related field and a minimum of five (5) years Business Continuity Planning experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) certification required, or must obtain within one (1) year.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2868.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.