Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager
Permanent - Direct-Hire
Fort Worth, TX - No Relocation Assistance Provided
BC Management, Inc – Job Posting #2833
Position: Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Fort Worth, TX – Local candidates will receive preference
Salary: Based on Experience*Candidates must have work authorization in place to work in the United States.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
A client of BC Management is seeking a candidate with proven expertise in both business continuity and disaster recovery. Initially this candidate will be primarily focused on IT/ disaster recovery planning efforts.
The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager is the key position in managing the BCP/DR program for the Company which includes all companies under the Company holding company umbrella. The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager works closely with several key Stake Holders to insure that correct and achievable business continuity and disaster recovery milestones are established, communicated, and achieved on time, and that adequate and properly skilled resources are applied ensuring successful planning, testing, and actual execution of the BCP/DR plans.
The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager is the key internal subject matter expert for business continuity, and is able to easily interface BC with technology for Disaster Recovery Planning. The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager is knowledgeable in the Business Continuity Planning Cycle that includes Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance. The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager will be responsible for the hiring and supervision of other necessary outside resources (if any) for the program with approval from the BCP Steering Committee.
- Manage a Business Continuity program being responsible for the supervision of virtual team members
- Establish clear communications with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Develop the complete business continuity plan including: Business Impact Analysis, Business Process inventory, prioritization of Business Practices, Service Level Agreements, Communication Planning, and emergency business operations at remote locations
- Operate as the point person in testing and deploying DR solutions that will allow Company to meet the business needs of the operating units as defined in the Business Impact Analysis
- Facilitates communication and proper protocols in the event of an incident or a prolonged outage
- Be able to establish project or program charters with clear roles and responsibilities, objectives, scope, milestones, and schedule. Create an initial estimate for a project or program and assist in the approval process for resources, scheduling, and funding
- Conduct regular status review meetings with the BCP Steering Committee
- Track budget for all assigned projects and work with Financial Services Department to insure charges are applied correctly
- Resolve project issues and conflicts in a timely manner ensuring milestones are met
- Possess a familiarity with regulatory BCP requirements imposed upon financial services firms
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, business disciplines preferred.
- 10 or more years in developing, writing, and implementing Business Continuity Plans
- Practical experience in developing a business continuity plan at a financial institution
- Practical experience in the implementation of a disaster recovery plan including familiarity with Information Technology terms and technologies used to meet business requirements
- 5 or more years managing BCP / DR programs
- Experience in managing a BCP program and team
- Certified thru the Business Continuity Institute or the DRI International
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Firm understanding of how to interview and collaborate with Business Owners and Subject Matter Experts
- Ability to development a well-organized, easy to understand and implement Business Continuity Plan. The Plan should cover all aspects of Business Continuity including but not limited to: Business Process inventory, prioritization of Business Practices, Service Level Agreements, Communication Planning, and emergency business operations at remote locations.
- Must effectively communicate with and be a consensus builder
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 2010 components (Word, Excel, Project, etc)
- Able to communicate project status to various levels of management in both technical and non-technical terms
- Ability to build, maintain, and work from Microsoft Project schedules
- Superior listening skills and ability to translate verbal descriptions into written requirements
- Superior writing skills for both business and technical documents
- Familiar with Microsoft Visio
- Ability to supervise and direct virtual team members
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2833.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.