Position: Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery Professional
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: Salt Lake City, UT – Local candidates only
Salary: Based on Experience
• Facilitate the development of plans and procedures to ensure the company can respond to a disaster in such a manner that critical business functions and the underlying IT systems can be recovered within a defined time frame and the amount of data loss can be minimized
• Assist with the development and maintenance of standards and procedures for business continuity and disaster recovery documentation
• Ensure continuity plans adhere to corporate policies and procedures which closely mirror guidelines established by the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council
• Assist business units in determining critical business processes, identifying acceptable recovery time periods, and
establishing resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster
• Collaborate with counterparts in defining recovery testing methodologies; plan and coordinate the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas
• Provide instructional and informational materials regarding response expectations of how staff are expected to respond during an emergency
• In collaboration with team members, conduct recovery training for staff members in all functional areas
• Act as a coordinator during an emergency event by assisting recovery support and business resumption staff during a disaster in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Management, or a related field, or the equivalent in education and work experience
• Five-plus years Business Continuity experience
• DR knowledge a plus - position is more focused on BCM versus IT/DR, thus strong BCM expertise is preferred
• LDRPS (L10) experience a plus
• Extensive knowledge of the banking industry a plus
• Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) accreditation preferred
• Ability to work well and collaborate in a team environment
• Good project management skills
• Ability to plan, organize, and direct the testing of emergency response, recovery support, and business resumption procedures
• Strong human relations skills to interface with managers and staff at all levels within the organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2629.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.