New Job Posted
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist
Washington, DC - Prefer Local Candidates
Position: Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C. (local candidates preferred)
Reports to: Operational Security Program Manager
Salary: DOE – Generous total compensation to include medical
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Seeking candidates with 5+ years expertise in Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery.
Our client, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking for a Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist to join their winning team, located in Washington, D.C. The success of the firm is largely determined by their commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides their clients with the highest quality of work and service. Our client is driven by their core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in our client’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist reports to the Operational Security Program Manager and assists in providing strategic direction and performing operational tasks associated with resilience. The Specialist will be responsible for the following activities:
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
· Manages day-to-day business continuity and disaster recovery tasks.
· Develops, coordinates, and maintains comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plans to ensure the ability to for the office, firm, and/or technology platform to recover in the event of an unforeseen disruption.
· Establishes testing methodologies; plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business continuity procedures in different functional areas. Assures that recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key firm resources and for the resumption of critical business processes.
· Performs business impact analysis to identify points of vulnerability to assess the firm’s resilience to withstand business disruption, documents process dependencies and recommends mitigation strategies.
· Audits Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plans, documents preparedness status and reports to management.
· Supports pandemic planning activities.
Crisis Management and Emergency Response
· Assists office-level and corporate response teams during emergency situations in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies.
· Serves as the administrator for the Emergency Notification System (ENS) and Business Continuity Planning tools.
· Coordinates with global offices to ensure staff are properly trained on first-aid and emergency response plans and procedures.
· Track and communicate with personnel on travel when they experience emergency situations.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
· As a Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude.
· The successful Specialist must have thorough knowledge and understanding of business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management planning techniques, technologies and best practices, as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses.
· He or she must also have a working knowledge of computer system environments in order to assist in the preparation of recovery procedures in this area, including the entire suite of MS Office applications (MicroSoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Emergency Notification System and Business Continuity Planning tools.
· The ideal candidate will also possess strong analytical skills needed for all primary duties of position, including comprehending and communicating data.
· The Specialist will display the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion, the ability to perceive and analyze problems, and a capacity to make or recommend sound decisions, and the ability to undertake large, long-term projects, develop alternative methods to complete them, and implement solutions.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Management, or a related field is preferred
· At least (5) years of direct work experience in the areas of business continuity or disaster recovery required.
· ABCP, CBCP or MBCI accreditation is preferred.
· He or she should have excellent communication and presentation skills and a high level of attention to detail.
· Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Our client to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job - http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2926
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 562-260-6791.