Position: Business Continuity Planning Program Lead
Location: Westport, CT (relocation provided)
Industry: Financial services/Investment
Status: Full time/Permanent
Reports to: Head of Business Continuity
** Candidates should posses 10+ years hands on experience developing or re-engineering a BC program for a large enterprise organization. All candidates must have work authorization to work in the United States.**
The Business Continuity Management (BCM) function is responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations of the firm. BCM function complements the efforts of individual departments by setting standards for excellent business continuity, ensuring department plans meet those standards, ensuring departments rigorously test their plans to find and close gaps, leading audit and quality control of firm-wide BCM efforts, maintaining the holistic risk picture for the firm, and managing incidents and crises as they occur. The Head of BCM is supported by Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Program Leads.
The BCP Program Lead reports into the Head of Business Continuity Management and is responsible for helping set the strategic direction, maintaining, and managing the company’s business continuity program. The Program Lead will support all activities necessary to ensure the company can respond to a business interruption. This position will work closely with the Head of BCM as well as our business units within the firm to implement standards, define continuity requirements, develop recovery plans/strategies and implement the preparations necessary to ensure that the organization’s essential services are able to maintain operation or rapidly recover in the event of serious adverse circumstances.
The BCP Program Lead will also be responsible for ensuring our program continues to evolve in alignment with industry best practices and will be responsible for building out and managing a cross departmental exercising strategy to validate our recovery capabilities. Advise and assist management with the implementation of effective recovery programs and report regularly on progress toward meeting continuity program goals. During disruptive events, the BCP Program Lead will assist the Head of BCM with command & control.
Responsibilities would include:
• Develops and implements the overall enterprise business continuity strategy ensuring risks to the Firm are known and managed well.
• Develop and maintain enterprise wide Business Continuity Standards, policies and guidelines.
• Holds departments accountable for complying to the standards
• Oversees the planning, coordination, and scheduling of business continuity exercises to validate plans, requirements and overall readiness
• Provides SME support to the Head of BCM during crisis management assisting with the management of the event and restoration of service.
• 10+ years extensive knowledge of Business Continuity and contingency planning principles, strategies and best practices
• 10+ year’s extensive practical experience in developing, exercising and maintaining Business Continuity Plans and Programs.
• Proven experience managing Command & Control during disruptive events
• Proven ability to manage Firm wide projects
• Bachelors degree
• CBCP or MBCP Certification a plus
• Financial Services knowledge a plus
• Knowledge or Risk Management best practices a plus
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2680.
For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens – firstname.lastname@example.org