Position: Business Continuity Planning Specialist - Contract
Status: Contract - Potential Contract-to-Hire Opportunity
Location: New York City, NY (Local candidates only).
Salary: Based on Experience
Reports to: Local Head of BCM
**Seeking 3-5+ years experience. Preference will be given to candidates with financial/ banking experience.
Position Summary (purpose):
Will assist in the development, implementation, testing, education and maintenance of the enterprise contingency program across all departments. Will maintain standards and ensure that all plans are documented and meet those standards. Will work in conjunction with department contacts to ensure a high level of awareness across the company as well as the appropriate preparedness of personnel during an event of a disaster.
• Assist business units with development and maintenance of contingency plans.
• Interact with business unit managers regarding business contingency plans
• Maintain records of contingency planning status.
• Coordinate and publish plan updates.
• Ensures that the BIA as well as the Business Continuity Program are maintained in a timely fashion to reflect the present operational environment.
• Ensures that key components of the Business Continuity Program are successfully tested at least once yearly
• Develops and implements improvements and efficiencies in both BIA and Business Continuity Program.
• Maintain documentation as it relates to the business impact analysis, recovery plans, contact lists and test plans.
• Will be involved in participating in mitigation efforts, interfacing with asset management and change management teams as well as assisting in the coordination of real time recovery activities during an actual disaster.
• Will promote enterprise Business Continuity awareness throughout the company.
• Assist in evaluating and implementing alternative communication channels to be used during a disaster.
• Administration of the computer based contingency planning system, including system access, back-up and software upgrades.
• Periodic interaction with Information Technology concerning plan updates to back-up systems and connectivity.
• Assist in monitoring the contingency program as it relates to audit and regulatory compliance.
• Position will require some travel and off-hour, on-call support (on an as needed basis).
• 3-5+ years experience within contingency planning initiatives.
• 1+ years experience with large project management.
• Possess knowledge with contingency planning initiatives.
• Ability to work with all levels of personnel.
• Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong analytical and developmental skills.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• The ability to work within a dynamic environment.
• The ability to clearly communicate ideas and direction.
• Bachelor degree with a business or computer science focus.
• Previous experience recovering during a disaster.
• Certification – multiple desired, but not required
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2413.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.