Position: Business Continuity Program Analyst - CONTRACT
Status: Contract – Indefinite Timeframe
Location: Chesterfield, MO - No Relocation Assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: VP Business Continuity Management
*Candidates must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
Our client, an insurance company, is seeking a candidate with 2-4 years business continuity planning expertise to assist in managing all aspects of COMPANY’s Business Continuity Management (BCM) program office globally including scheduling and management of periodic activities (e.g. training, exercises, etc.), design and maintenance of the group COMPANY content and administration of entity wide enabling technology. Supports BCM Team Leaders and Planning Coordinators and addresses issues related to BCM coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Continuity Risk Management
• Manage, collect, analyze, maintain and report on COMPANY’s global business continuity program for Senior Management, internal and external audit and client consumption
• Supports overall BCM effort at COMPANY through growing relationships with internal clients and expert use of enabling technologies (e.g. specialty software, communication tools, etc.)
• Identifies and qualifies BCM program enhancements through continuously growing understanding of program gaps and weaknesses both pervasively and locally
People Development and Support
• Support senior business leaders in the development of original and cost effective business continuity strategies for a wide range of unpredictable events
• Support local BCM efforts around the world by overseeing exercise logistics, regulatory requirements and operational risk priorities related to BCM program
• Provide group training and individual coaching to COMPANY associates worldwide on BCM principles through a variety of modes in person, web meeting, recorded on demand training
• Review for completeness and consistency and provide constructive feedback on continuity and crisis management plans verbally and in writing
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Business, Information Technology, Risk Management, or related equivalent experience
• 5+ years risk management, program management or technology management experience
• 3+ years in Business Continuity Management
• 7+ years overall Risk Management experience
• Insurance or Reinsurance experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to model in RMS RiskLink catastrophe modeling software (or similar industry catastrophe modeling software)
• Intermediate PC and technical skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database management skills.
• Understanding of insurance, reinsurance and risk management concepts
• Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability
• Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
• Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
• Intermediate investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Intermediate interpersonal skills
• Ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
• Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
• Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
• Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
• Ability to foster customer service as needed
• Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
• Basic negotiating and persuasion skills
• General business knowledge
• Knowledge of life, health and annuity products
• Advanced PC and technical skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database management skills.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2705.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at [email protected] or +1 714-969-8006.