Position – Business Continuity Senior Associate
Industry – Financial Services/Investment
Location – Long Beach, California (local candidates preferred. No relocation provided)
Status – Full time/Permanent
Salary – Base, bonus and excellent total package
*Candidates must have work authorization in place to work in the USA.
A leading investment client of BC Managements is seeking a Business Continuity Senior Associate to add to their existing BC team. The Business Continuity Senior Associate supports the development and maintenance of disaster and emergency plans, policies, and procedures to ensure the continuity of business processes across the client. Responsibilities include supporting the assessment, testing, and updating of Business Continuity (BC) plans by soliciting information, following up on outstanding items, developing supporting tools and processes, and preparing support materials for meetings. Additionally, this role supports the development and coordination of disaster preparedness communication, training, exercises, and drills. Responsible for supporting BC managers and analysts as needed.
• Supports the development, maintenance and testing of BC plans, in conformance with the clients policies and procedures.
o Supports BC team meetings by coordinating room schedules, conference bridges, preparing agendas and meeting materials, and forwarding appropriate documentation to participants in advance of each meeting.
o Attends and takes notes during BC plan update meetings.
o Integrates information obtained during meetings into various BC plans, response, and communication tools.
o Solicits information and follows up on outstanding action items prior to and post BC plan update meetings.
o Assists in coordinating the publishing and distribution of BC Plans.
o With BC managers and analysts, coordinates the scheduling and tracking of business department exercises.
o Provides training for other associates on BC systems (e.g., LDRPS).
• Supports BC and Disaster Recovery response activity during events
o Assesses event impact and assembles appropriate plan documentation and reports.
o Tracks event details such as number of associates to relocate and time of arrival and shares with BC team. Prints event reports.
o Assists in recovery site preparations for exercises and events.
o Supports associate communication efforts. May draft notifications and coordinate with BC management and corporate communications for posting.
• Assists in ad hoc projects at the direction of BC managers and analysts
o Develops spreadsheets and other tools in order to support BC projects and assignments.
o Communicates actively with senior managers on project status, including problem identification, project enhancements, potential impacts, and solutions.
• Responds to and escalates information from the BC Team hotline and mailbox in a timely manner.
• Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
• The responsibilities of this position may require associates to respond and/or work outside normal business hours.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work and complete in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues for managers/others.
• Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving day to day matters and in response to events.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with team members and managers.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of BC standards and best practices and ability to apply this knowledge to work assignments.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of how data is stored, accessed, and recovered in and out of the integrated systems. Demonstrates an ability to apply this knowledge to work assignments
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To be considered for this position, please submit updated resume and short bio to http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and reference Job Order # 2716.
For questions, please contact Alicia Stevens - firstname.lastname@example.org or 562-260-6791.