Position: Business Continuity Senior Manager
Industry: Financial Services/Investment
Location: Long Beach, California (local candidates preferred)
Status: Full time/Permanent
Salary: Base, bonus and excellent total package
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
A client of BC Managements is seeking a BC Senior Manager to add to their BC team. The client's interdependencies between technologies, locations, tasks and responsibilities dictate that effective business continuity plans are in place so that interruption anywhere in their global business cycle has minimal impact on providing reliable investment management and related services to their clients. The clients Business Continuity program affords the opportunity to mitigate risks, respond effectively to a crisis and resume business operations in minimal time.
The Business Continuity Senior Manager is responsible for the strategic direction of the client's global Business Continuity (BC) department and providing leadership and expertise for the full scope of BC functions including risk analysis, management of business continuity programs, project management and responding to regulatory/client inquiries. The Senior Manager also collaborates with other BC colleagues to capitalize on areas of expertise and provide a coordinated approach to providing BC services.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversees the development of all BC plans for each business area within the client company.
- Monitors internal and external trends and recommends changes that meet business objectives. Regularly assesses appropriateness of plans in light of current business context and proactively suggests improvements.
- Ensures processes are in place for reporting and escalating status of production issues with appropriate timeliness both within CG and vendor organizations.
- Partners with the Information Technology Group to ensure the technology requirements to support business recovery efforts are implemented, documented and tested.
- Manages projects with multidisciplinary teams and broad impact.
o Oversees all projects within a specific business area to ensure alignment with business plans and strategy.
o Monitors and coaches project team members.
- Approves BC communication, training, exercises and drills.
- Leads around-the-clock support during BC incidents by organizing emergency resources and responses in accordance with regulations, BC plans and procedures.
- Manages the environment
o Sets the tone in business groups and ensures Capitalâ€™s philosophy is reflected throughout the organization through constant modeling and support of our core beliefs.
o Builds and supports strong teams.
o Facilitates meetings with external parties including vendors and clients.
o Communicates with other internal managers and senior managers primarily on operational, business processes, risks and controls and overall business planning.
- Manages the business
o Ensures the highest level of service efficiently delivered.
o Develops, recommends and manages processes, procedures and practices within a function.
o Collaborates with others to establish strategic plans for assigned areas and works with managers to establish goals and objectives for each team in assigned groups to support larger business area objectives.
o Proactively reviews processes within a function to identify risk, assure best practices and align with current business needs.
o Participates in business planning and strategy discussion. Establishes business processes, operational practices and procedures.
- Manages people
o Manages performance of associates/managers in the group and assures effective performance management of each team member.
o Interviews and assesses candidates for associate or manager positions. Makes hiring decisions for associate positions.
o Approves salary increases, transfers and promotions.
o Consults with managers to appropriately apply Human Resources guidelines and procedures.
o Provides guidance to managers on more complex performance issues.
- Manages projects
o Leads and manages projects with broad business impact that may impact multiple functions.
o Oversees all projects to ensure alignment with business plans and strategy.
o Monitors and coaches project leads.
- 8-10 years of operations experience with at least five years in business continuity and five years of management experience.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Strong planning and project management experience, demonstrates the ability to lead and manage projects of significant scope across the organization.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of high complexity, ambiguity and diversity.
- Strong relationship skills, demonstrates influencing skills and effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
- Knowledge of technologies and how data is stored, accessed and recovered in and out of the integrated systems.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2733.
To learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com.