New Job Posted
Business Continuity Specialist
Hartford, CT - Local Candidates/ No Relocation Assistance
BC Management, Inc. JO# 2943
Position: Business Continuity Specialist
Status: Permanent/ Full-time
Location: Hartford, CT – Local Candidates Only/ No Relocation Assistance
Salary: Based on Experience – Targeting candidates with 2+ years BCM expertise
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Seeking candidates with 2+ years expertise in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery or Crisis Response.
Develop, maintain, and administer Business Continuity Management (BCM) strategy, data, and infrastructure through the leadership of decentralized resources (Business Continuity Owners, Leaders and Coordinators) in order to ensure timely and orderly restoration of Business activities in the event of a business interruption. Oversee the identification of BCM exposure and ensures risks are accurately mitigated. Maintain Business Continuity Plans (BCP), and assists COMPANY in ensuring continuous business operation in a disaster, quick recovery and thus prevention/limitation of losses. May participate or lead projects, as directed.
- 35% of Time:
Manages BCM Cycle via Risk Analysis, Business Impact Analysis, BCM plan oversight, BCM plan assessment and evaluation for internal departments and outsourced partners. Exercises plans and participates in testing. In addition, provides training and awareness for the organization through the management of decentralized resources. Participates and/or leads regional BCM activities related to the above topics.
- 30% of Time:
Guides a decentralized BCM workforce, and counsels and collaborates with the BC Teams in the full cycle of Business Continuity Planning. Creates a BCP and Disaster Recovery (DR) testing process and cycle that is rigorous enough to assure that the plans are valid for a disaster. Ensures the Company maintains a comprehensive strategy and program in place to recover and restore interrupted critical business functions within a predetermined time (Recovery Time Objective (RTO)) following a disaster/event. Acts as administrator for BCM plan tool and trains decentral plan coordinators on use of tool.
- 20% of Time:
Supports, maintains and coordinates the Emergency Management Group infrastructure. Manages the shared website for BCP and respective attachments. Maintains BCM Crisis Communication tool and is required to be available to activate tool as needed. Ensures proper back-up is coordinated when out of the office.
- 15% of Time:
Aligns and evaluates RTO list with IT DR on a quarterly basis. Evaluates and strengthens BCM capabilities of critical outsourced partners. Leverages ICS framework to enhance BCM. Participates or leads special projects as deemed necessary. Actively participates in or leads regional BCM activities
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Insurance Related Studies
· 2+ years’ experience in Business Continuity Planning initiatives
· 2+ years’ experience in Insurance Operations
· Certified Business Continuity Auditor (CBCA), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) preferred
· Assurance and Everbridge experience preferred
Knowledge & Skills
· Knowledge of COMPANY’S business and how that translates into BCP
· Leadership and Management experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Customer relationships skills
· Teamwork skills
· Composure, level focus and critical thinking in time of crisis
· Training and presentation skills
· Demonstrated Report Writing skills to generate reports to management and author/publish articles
· Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects, tasks and resources
· Analytical Skills
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Apply to this job - http://portal.bcmanagement.com/#/jobs/2943
If you experience any issues applying or to learn more about the position, please contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 562-260-6791.