Business Continuity Sr. Manager
Full-Time, Direct Hire
San Francisco, CA
BC Management, Inc. – Job Order #2931
Position: Business Continuity Sr. Manager
Status: Full-time, Permanent/ Direct Hire
Location: San Francisco, CA – Candidates must be local or able to relocate without assistance
Salary: Based on Experience
* Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
* Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
* Candidates must have 10+ years Business Continuity planning expertise coupled with global BCM program management expertise. Preference will be given to candidates with pharmaceutical industry experience.
The Senior Manager of Business Continuity reports to the Director of IT Risk Management and is responsible for defining the strategic direction of the Business Continuity Program, consistent with COMPANY’s risk profile, as well as managing and coordinating the development, maintenance and testing of existing business continuity and crisis management plans worldwide.
Job duties include:
The Senior Manager of Business Continuity is responsible for managing and coordinating the development of business continuity (BC) and crisis management (CM) plans for all COMPANY sites worldwide. This role also involves the coordination of testing of BC and CM plans, leading the development and maintenance of BC standards, on-going monitoring of risks and gathering of information in support of BC program key performance indicators and compliance to internal policy. Knowledge of enterprise risk management and the ability to perform risk assessment for various entities – facilities, manufacturing, and distribution sites is also a duty of this role.
Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners and strong written and verbal communication skills are key success factors for this position. This role reports to the Director of IT Risk Management within the IT Quality Security and Compliance group based in Foster City.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
This role will be accountable for, but not limited to the following key responsibilities:
• Coordinate and provide oversight of documentation and maintenance of BC and CM plans for all COMPANY sites worldwide
• In the event of an incident, play a key role in the coordination and communication of business recovery activities and status
• Establish and monitor local risk factors and coordinate with IT Risk Management to ensure global alignment
• Provide direction, strategy and make suggestions to senior leadership with regards to local risks and business resiliency requirements
• Development of the roadmap and global direction of the business continuity program
• Act in the role of author, reviewer or approver for documentation related to the business continuity program
• Development and facilitation of training on business continuity and crisis management tools, strategies, standards and procedures for business partners
• Knowledge of business impact assessments, risk management, business process recovery planning, crisis management and disaster recovery planning processes
• Experience with facilitating and leading risk assessments for various entities – facilities, supply chain, etc.
• Experience with managing and leading incident response and communication
• Experience with leading, planning and maturing annual plan exercises
• Experience with business continuity databases and automated notification systems is a plus (e.g., Fusion, NotiFind, LDRPS, xMatters, Everbridge etc.)
• Coordination with IT DR lead(s) and act as a liaison with IT leadership to ensure business requirements are being captured and met accordingly
• On-going review of BC and CM technologies and processes for continuous improvement opportunities
• Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience preferred
• Strong organization, planning, and program/project management skills
• Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
• Ability to present to senior leadership
• High level of personal integrity consistent with COMPANY’s core values
• Ability to travel
• Bachelor of Science degree (or international equivalent) in computer science, information systems management, or equivalent.
• Certifications highly desired (MBCP, CBCP, ABCP, CRISC)
• Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
• Curious with learning agility
• Operationally excellent
• Organized with systematic approach to prioritization
• Process orientated to achieve the business objective
• Technically competent
COMPANY Core Values
• Integrity (always doing the right thing),
• Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
• Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
• Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2931.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling -firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-969-8006.