Position: Business Risk Consultants (Focus on Financial Risk Analysis)
Location: San Francisco, CA & New York, NY – Local Candidates Only
Salary: Based on experience + company car and great benefits!
Reporting to: Manager, Business Risk Consulting
*****Candidates must have a solid financial analysis consulting background as a primary skill set with BCP expertise as a secondary qualification. Client company is seeking candidates from a Big Accounting Consulting background, i.e, D&T, PWC, KPMG, Protiviti, etc. The BIAs conducted for clients are more focused on the financial risk assessment versus the standard BCP BIA approach
· Provides business risk consulting services –business impact analyses, business continuity management support, financial support services and training to Company clients in order to support our positioning as a strategic business
partner, by elevating the clients’awareness of their critical business impact exposures and providing business-oriented protection and mitigation strategies.
· Provides internally-focused business income value and exposure projects, and other financial support services, to
· Transfers specific BRC knowledge and skills to internal clients.
· Coaches other members of the BRC.
· Supports SBRCs and the BRC manager in expanding the internal and external market for appropriate BRCG services.
· Effectively markets BRC services to both internal and expernal clients alike
· Market, initiate, scope, lead and manage BIA, BCM and other client-facing financial support services projects, conducting meetings with the client’s senior management in order to develop a sound understanding of the client’s business model, critical processes and profit drivers.
· Quantify the business impact of impairment of key client processes and develop business continuity strategies for the client to avoid or mitigate the business impact. Deliver a report and presentation to the client’s senior and executive management to illustrate key findings and recommendations from the study, providing business relevance to the articulation of Company’s risk management philosophy and driving us up the client's buy-sell hierarchy.
· Create opportunities for client service teams to access the client's senior and executive management and reinforce our position as a strategic partner that speaks the client's business language.
· Transfer the knowledge gained through BRC project work to the client service teams, providing them with improved understanding of clients' business impact exposures and consequently better information on which to base their underwriting decisions. Identify opportunities to develop and provide formal and informal training to colleagues.
· Act as internal and external subject matter experts in the fields of Understanding the Business, Financial Analyis, Business Continuity Management and other business-related topics where Company can appropriately offer advice to clients, maintaining current knowledge and awarenss of developments within such topics. Deliver training courses around such topics to further demonstrate the portfolio of value-adding services that Company can deliver.
· Serve as an expert resource to the client service teams in their development of internally-focused business interruption values and exposures analyses, resulting in better information on which to base their underwriting decisions.
· Support the SBRCs and the BRC Manager in expanding the internal and external market for appropriate BRC services, through both market and product development. Assist with marketing projects, including presentations at appropriate forums, articles for publications, etc that increase the BRC's profile and target audience awareness.
Skills & Experience:
· EDUCATION:Bachelor's degree with concentration in Business, Accounting, Economic or Finance Chartered/certified accountant or comparable financial analysis skills. MBA or professional business qualification preferred.
· EXPERIENCE: Four+ years commercial experience, including the following:
1) financial management and/or analysis
2) experience of business and operational strategy
3) consulting or professional services advisory
SKILLS/ KNOLWEDGE: Commercial awareness, communication, leadership, strategic analysis, business analysis, financial accounting, management accounting, financial analysis, presentation, problem solving, creativity, gravitas, project management, consulting, relationship management, business continuity, marketing, research, report-writing, computer literacy.
Problem Solving and Judgment:
· Quickly grasp an understanding of the key drivers of a client's business model using primary (client-facing) and secondary (internet, publications) research. Establish the critical business processes and analyse complex financial
information in order to determine profit dependency on those processes. Understand the engineering information to a level sufficient to develop business impact scenarios. Demonstrate business expertise to clients in developing credible and appropriate business continuity strategies. Distill significant amounts of data and information into key business issues and present these to a client's senior and exectutive management.
· Develop credibility, by demonstrating expertise, attitude, and leadership, to a wide range of senior operational management within a client's business, to encourage sometimes reluctant project participants to share information about key processes for which they are responsible.
· Effectively plan and prioritize activities, taking into account the demands and needs of both internal and external clients.
· Fully responsible for managing BRC relationship with internal and external clients within a BIA or other project, making decisions as to the initiation, scope, timing, deliverables and follow-up of the project.
· Work with SBRCs and the BRC Manager to establish target clients for BIA projects and other BRC services, ensuring that the potential value added by the BRC is maximized within the constraints of our resources.
· Develop information sources,presentation and analytical tools for CSTs and other internal users to maximize the value of BRC and ensure that knowledge is transferred wherever possible.
· Not a supervisory role. This position will serve as a team leader over 1-4 associates.
· This position will assume team leadership, involving the CST and client representatives, in the delivery of client-facing projects.
· Will not have control over a budget, but will have the ability to make recommendations to a higher authority.
· This position will generate revenue or impact company assets through work performed at approximately $10-20M.
· The core objective of the BRC is to enhance, or create opportunities to enhance, Company’s relationships with clients through appealing to senior and executive management, and ultimately increase client retention. A BRC would
typically work on six client-facing projects per year, representing $10-20m premium. In addition, enabling the CST to better understanding the client's business model and business interruption values and exposures has a direct influence on underwriting, resulting in MFL changes, efficient use of reinsurance and proper premium allocation. Furthermore, BIA and BCM projects can often drive risk quality improvements, both physical and business continuity-focused.
· A BRC is targeted to complete six client-facing (primarily BIA) projects of normal complexity per year, in addition to a range of other responsibilites as outlined in 'Expected Results'.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2544.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Haase - BC Management Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 714-969-8006.