Position: Business Risk & Control Analyst
Status: Full-time, Permanent Hire
Location: New York City, NY – Local Candidates
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to: Head of Business Risk & Control Management
*****Candidates must have a background exclusively in compliance, audit and/ or risk management.
Business Risk& Control Management (BRCM) promotes, supports and ensures the Business Management owns its risk and controls as the first line of defense to Operational Risk.
The Business Risk & Control Analyst supports the BRCM Team in the execution of an effective operational risk management program with primary responsibilities of assisting in oversight of the control environment, supporting the BRCM monitoring plan and contributing to the control effectiveness testing. The position includes responsibilities related to a variety of operational risk categories and related areas such as business continuity, audit remediation, compliance, and information security.
· Execute against a pre-arranged review plan to evaluate the design and test the effectiveness of key controls within area of responsibility, including monitoring of compliance controls
· Demonstrate a sound holistic and technical understanding of pertinent business areas and Group requirements as detailed in Group Standards Manuals and Functional Instruction Manuals (FIM) and local standards
· Help implement and support a plan to achieve the operational risk management goals of the business/function, including testing, monitoring and reporting requirements; support operational risk awareness training
· Based on the activities in the area under review, able to identify key areas of risk or concern and develop a specific review program that will be risk-based and address the primary requirements of the Bank and external regulators
· Sufficiently document testing details and results utilizing internal control testing methodologies and standard workpapers
· Ensure documented policies and procedures remain current and are aligned to the processes taking place
· Monitor and analyze Key Risk Indicators and operational metrics
· Maintain risk and control database(s)
· Assist in the timely remediation of internal and external audit observations and regulatory findings
· Undertake special projects as assigned
· Exhibit solid time management to complete reviews scheduled in a timely manner
· Promote self-development through research, using Group and other resources
· Maintain COMPANY internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
· Will develop agenda and chair/lead cross asset class BRCM Meetings to develop and insure best practices across
groups. Develop relationships with regional BRCM's to gain consensus and uniformity
Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Performs according to prescribed procedures
· Daily discretion within assigned authority; decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher levels of management for approval
· Uses initiative and independent judgment to analyze, problem solve and proactively respond to client issues. Expected to make the necessary decisions to carry out own job responsibilities and meet primary goals and
· Evaluates and escalates complex issues and/or problems to manager.
Knowledge& Skill Requirements:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
· Background in Banking, risk management and / or internal audit; Audit, Risk or Compliance professional designation preferred
· Ability to understand and identify key risks and controls that require testing within processes
· Analytical and review skills with the ability to draw the correct conclusions from reviews
· Time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business/function
· Ability to work professionally with various levels of staff and management; strong teamwork
· Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills including the ability to deliver clear and accurate messages to management
· Complex problem resolution.
· Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency and initiative, and high level of professional and personal integrity.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to r
ace, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or
To apply to this position please visit http://www.bcmanagement.com/search-jobs.html and enter the job number 2579.
To learn more about the position, please contact Cheyene Marling - BC Management Inc. at email@example.com or +1 714-969-8006.